Can a Black Man Defend Himself at Home?

Started by jimmy olsen, September 13, 2012, 09:36:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Quote from: Neil on September 13, 2012, 10:17:23 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on September 13, 2012, 10:14:52 PM
Oh, your a loony then.  Well the important thing to remember is the South is wrong.
You're not fit to judge who is and isn't a loony, due to your mental unsoundness.

Says the "Ethnic Albertan" with a God complex.  You better watch out, Viking is probably going to rag on you for believing in yourself.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Neil

Quote from: Razgovory on September 13, 2012, 10:19:21 PM
Quote from: Neil on September 13, 2012, 10:17:23 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on September 13, 2012, 10:14:52 PM
Oh, your a loony then.  Well the important thing to remember is the South is wrong.
You're not fit to judge who is and isn't a loony, due to your mental unsoundness.
Says the "Ethnic Albertan" with a God complex.  You better watch out, Viking is probably going to rag on you for believing in yourself.
I'm prepared to handle Viking.  He might not believe in Me, but I believe in him.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Kleves on September 13, 2012, 10:15:34 PM
McNeil continued to back up with his hands pointed toward the ground and said "Back up, I am not playing with you." Epp increased his speed toward McNeil and McNeil raised his gun and fired at Epp's head. Epp's hands were at his sides, and the eyewitness did not see him raise his hands or see any weapons in his hands.

You charge a guy holding a gun, you're kinda asking for it.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Josquius

La'Ron? If he's a boy shouldn't he be Le'Ron?

Anyway. Does seem to be a case of crying "racisss!" just because it involved a black guy going to jail for killing a white guy. From Kleves story it does seem that the black guy is a murdering arse hole who got all prissy at a builder pointing a knife at his kid.
██████
██████
██████

DGuller

If an unarmed person is charging you while you point a gun at him, at what point is shooting him justifiable?  When the other guy gets the gun from you?

Maximus

Apparently in Britain builders pulling knives on you is just part of doing business.

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

Josquius

Quote from: Maximus on September 13, 2012, 10:49:43 PM
Apparently in Britain builders pulling knives on you is just part of doing business.
It doesn't say he pulled a knife on him, just he pointed a knife at him. My dad has pointed a knife at me before- when he was quite some distance away and happened to be using his stanley knife to cut something.
Having a knife pointed at you might well be scary and pointing a knife at someone you don't know is pretty dumb but it need not mean "I'm gonna stick you", it can be something you're hardly even aware of doing.
██████
██████
██████

DGuller

Quote from: Tyr on September 13, 2012, 11:20:14 PM
Quote from: Maximus on September 13, 2012, 10:49:43 PM
It doesn't say he pulled a knife at him, just he pointed a knife at him. My dad has pointed a knife at me before- when he was quite some distance away and happened to be using his stanley knife to cut something.
:o Why didn't you shoot him?  Oh, right, you live in Britain. :rolleyes:  Even your cops aren't trusted to handle guns responsibly.

sbr

Quote from: DGuller on September 13, 2012, 10:40:38 PM
If an unarmed person is charging you while you point a gun at him, at what point is shooting him justifiable?  When the other guy gets the gun from you?

Only after he then shoots at you and misses.

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: Tyr on September 13, 2012, 11:20:14 PM
It doesn't say he pulled a knife on him, just he pointed a knife at him. My dad has pointed a knife at me before- when he was quite some distance away and happened to be using his stanley knife to cut something.
Having a knife pointed at you might well be scary and pointing a knife at someone you don't know is pretty dumb but it need not mean "I'm gonna stick you", it can be something you're hardly even aware of doing.

:lol:
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

derspiess

Quote from: Tyr on September 13, 2012, 10:30:25 PM
La'Ron? If he's a boy shouldn't he be Le'Ron?

:lol:  I'll fly you out here if you go ask him that in person.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: DGuller on September 13, 2012, 11:22:02 PM
:o Why didn't you shoot him?  Oh, right, you live in Britain. :rolleyes:  Even your cops aren't trusted to handle guns responsibly.

Long gone are the days when the country yeomen practiced with the longbow.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

viper37

Quote from: Neil on September 13, 2012, 09:50:07 PM
So, are Raz and the Languish progressives going to come out for the right for one man to murder another, so long as he's on his own property?

Your country is sick with the disease of unbridled partisanship.
It's not like he shot him for walking on the lawn.  The guy was clearly agressive, he already threatened the kid, he refused to leave and he charged the man while seemingly reaching for a weapon.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Caliga

Instead of shooting him he shoulda choked a bitch. :(

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points