Silly names not just the forte of dazzling urbanites?

Started by Martinus, August 15, 2012, 12:39:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Caliga

Quote from: dps on August 16, 2012, 11:02:12 AM
I've never gotten to see The Boss live at all.  :(
Seen him twice.  Go.. totally worth it.  Just make sure you take your pee break when he makes his scheduled political rant right before the last couple of songs in the set. :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

HVC

First wives dont count. Besides as far as Hebrew demons go Lilith is cool.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Caliga on August 16, 2012, 07:32:58 PM
Quote from: dps on August 16, 2012, 11:02:12 AM
I've never gotten to see The Boss live at all.  :(
Seen him twice.  Go.. totally worth it.  Just make sure you take your pee break when he makes his scheduled political rant right before the last couple of songs in the set. :)

Springsteen sucks.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

mongers

Quote from: jimmy olsen on August 16, 2012, 06:11:59 PM
Quote from: mongers on August 16, 2012, 05:01:35 PM
One of my middle names is Adam and I'd really have liked to have had that as my first name, but I'm guessing it's a relative rare christian name.

I knew a couple of Adams in school.

Well yes it's much more popular now in the UK as well, around 34th most popular in boys names.

Whereas my own first name, Robert, has now dropped out of the top 100 altogether  :(
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

CountDeMoney

mongers

First names for newborns seem to be going to pot over in Blighty as well; found some official Government statistics but the top 100 isn't available as a list bur rather in this format:

:hmm:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Capetan Mihali

"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Valmy

Harry and Oliver?  I guess the Brits love naming boys after their greatest tyrants.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: Valmy on August 16, 2012, 08:26:16 PM
Harry and Oliver?  I guess the Brits love naming boys after their greatest tyrants.

What's interesting to me is how all the nicknames are taking place of the original names.

Also, I see where John went to. Got absorbed by Muhammad.