Obama to fire gay military officer. Martinus pops vein.

Started by MadImmortalMan, May 08, 2009, 02:56:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

I'm going to guess you just posted that mess of crazy for kicks...and thus it isn't worthy of response. :D
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Actually, I'll respond. Is hide in the closet till your 30s really something to teach children?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Brain

What is it about my Forbidden Closet of Mystery??!?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Martinus

Quote from: garbon on May 12, 2009, 02:57:46 PM
Actually, I'll respond. Is hide in the closet till your 30s really something to teach children?
Well, I am not saying that I would actively seek to have gay children, but if some kids out there are to be gay, it's better than they have a gay parent. That way they can at least grow up in the family environment which accepts their sexuality (even if the outside world is less tolerant). :)

Also, I never said I'd be a good role model, personally. :P

Berkut

Quote from: Martinus on May 12, 2009, 03:00:09 PM
Well, I am not saying that I would actively seek to have gay children, but if some kids out there are to be gay, it's better than they have a gay parent. That way they can at least grow up in the family environment which accepts their sexuality (even if the outside world is less tolerant). :)

So they cannot grow up in a family environment that accepts their sexuality unless their parents are gay?

Stereotype much?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Berkut

Quote from: garbon on May 12, 2009, 02:56:26 PM
I'm going to guess you just posted that mess of crazy for kicks...and thus it isn't worthy of response. :D

I think he is afraid if he doesn't post something like that regularly, someone else may steal his title of Most Bigoted Languish Poster.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Martinus

Quote from: Berkut on May 12, 2009, 03:01:20 PM
Quote from: Martinus on May 12, 2009, 03:00:09 PM

So they cannot grow up in a family environment that accepts their sexuality unless their parents are gay?

Stereotype much?
They can. But I would assume that kids in a gay household would have a contact with the concept of same sex sexuality earlier than kids in the household of even the most accepting straight couple. I mean, even if your parents are accepting and tolerant, you still have a lot of angst associated with growing up as a gay kid, because you are not like them etc.

Martinus

Quote from: Berkut on May 12, 2009, 03:02:13 PM
Quote from: garbon on May 12, 2009, 02:56:26 PM

I think he is afraid if he doesn't post something like that regularly, someone else may steal his title of Most Bigoted Languish Poster.
What's so bigoted in my response? I am not saying straight parents can't raise happy gay children. I am saying that all other things being equal, probably a gay kid would find himself slightly less conflicted when raised by a gay couple than by a straight couple.

The Brain

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Martinus on May 12, 2009, 02:42:19 PM
Wow, Reagan actually said that? My opinion of him just improved a lot. No wonder Jack Kemp considered him a puppet of the gay lobby.  :lol:

It's from a piece he wrote in opposition to the Briggs Initiative (prop 6). It would have barred gays from being able to have jobs as schoolteachers. Harvey Milk and a bunch of Log Cabin types asked him to help defeat it, and they say his intervention was the deciding factor. So yeah. Kudos to him.

Edit: Wasn't it in the recent movie about Milk? I didn't see it.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Martinus

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on May 12, 2009, 03:08:19 PM
Quote from: Martinus on May 12, 2009, 02:42:19 PM
Wow, Reagan actually said that? My opinion of him just improved a lot. No wonder Jack Kemp considered him a puppet of the gay lobby.  :lol:

It's from a piece he wrote in opposition to the Briggs Initiative (prop 6). It would have barred gays from being able to have jobs as schoolteachers. Harvey Milk and a bunch of Log Cabin types asked him to help defeat it, and they say his intervention was the deciding factor. So yeah. Kudos to him.
Yeah, I saw the movie. Didn't know Reagan actually did that.

Edit: And no, there was no mention of Reagan, as far as I remember.

garbon

:)

Martinus

Quote from: garbon on May 12, 2009, 03:10:31 PM

:)
Why are you so mean to me?

The Brain