News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Here Languish Stands game thread

Started by Solmyr, June 12, 2012, 02:15:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solmyr

The Ottomans may not need help (they might at this point) but you need some reining in. :P

Viking

I suggest you aspire for Mainz, Nuremberg, Augsburg, Trier and Koln. That puts you up to 11 and gets all the electorates.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Solmyr

Quote from: Viking on June 21, 2012, 06:58:16 AM
The Stack in Pressburg goes to Egypt. Suleiman, Ibrahim, 2I 1C.

Well that settles it, invasion of austria is over. It's up to somebody else to smite the hapsburgs. Not having an army sort of puts a dampener on my hopes and aspirations in that regard.

You still have your Janissaries you know.

Tamas

Well before everyone starts crying for the Turks, let me point out that
a) he still holds a lot of ground and I have no army
b) we have equality in fleet size, and while I have a single unbuilt squadron, half of his fleet is yet to be constructed.

in other words, I still have work to do restore balance in the world.

Solmyr

Quote from: Viking on June 21, 2012, 07:00:24 AM
I suggest you aspire for Mainz, Nuremberg, Augsburg, Trier and Koln. That puts you up to 11 and gets all the electorates.

That's what I'm trying to do, but I'm in a serious danger of going over 12 given my current options.

Viking

Quote from: Solmyr on June 21, 2012, 07:01:12 AM
Quote from: Viking on June 21, 2012, 06:58:16 AM
The Stack in Pressburg goes to Egypt. Suleiman, Ibrahim, 2I 1C.

Well that settles it, invasion of austria is over. It's up to somebody else to smite the hapsburgs. Not having an army sort of puts a dampener on my hopes and aspirations in that regard.

You still have your Janissaries you know.

Janissaries don't spawn in Pressburg, the space must be dark green or a foreign wars card for them to spawn.

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Maximus

Henry asks for divorce. I understand that he only gets it in negotiations next turn or by playing this card again, is that correct?

Solmyr

ulmont

sbr

Play Home Card Leipzig Debate to call debate. Eck will be Papal debater.

Debate will be in English language zone. Only Protestant debater is Tyndal.

Eck wins debate 3-0.

Kassal and Erfurt will be flipped to Catholic.

Tyndal burned at stake.

I added France's VP in the file but I couldn't figure out how to move Tyndal's counter from the Religous Struggle card to my Power Card.  If the next person could do that and then tell me how to next time, please.

Solmyr

Might be nice to give me a chance to cancel a hostile event, given that people know I have Wartburg in my hand from last turn.

sbr

Quote from: Solmyr on June 21, 2012, 06:08:17 PM
Might be nice to give me a chance to cancel a hostile event, given that people know I have Wartburg in my hand from last turn.

Oh yeah. :blush:  The double negative in the card description confused me.

Should be easy enough to fix.

Solmyr

So now it will look like I'm canceling because I know I lost. Up to you if I can.

sbr

Quote from: Solmyr on June 21, 2012, 06:12:24 PM
So now it will look like I'm canceling because I know I lost.

I screwed up and that roll didn't count.  Even if you don't play the Wartburg I will reroll the entire thing.

Viking

Quote from: Solmyr on June 21, 2012, 06:08:17 PM

It doesn't look like you are cancelling because you lost. Though, iirc the Wartburg cancells events as they are played, before he picks region. Is it an obivous play? Yes, actually. Every pope tries to burn Tyndale with Eck.