News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Here Languish Stands game thread

Started by Solmyr, June 12, 2012, 02:15:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solmyr

I'm pretty sure Tamas has nothing to do with it since Hungary is still unaligned, so you can just resolve it now. I suggest you save one cavalry though. Just because, you know.

Viking

I'm giving him the chance to play foul weather... before giving away the rest of my plans for the turn, I am playing a 5 CP card you know.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Tamas

no cards. carry on.

BTW, I am going offline very very soon and will stay so for an entire day.

Viking

Quote from: Tamas on June 19, 2012, 03:25:26 PM
no cards. carry on.

BTW, I am going offline very very soon and will stay so for an entire day.

I'll try to be quick then..
don't leave yet

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Habbaku

So, Viking, you're not flagging Szegedin before the battle?  If you don't do that and manage to lose the battle against the Hungarians (not impossible in the least), your entire formation will be destroyed.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Viking

Quote from: Habbaku on June 19, 2012, 03:29:52 PM
So, Viking, you're not flagging Szegedin before the battle?  If you don't do that and manage to lose the battle against the Hungarians (not impossible in the least), your entire formation will be destroyed.

Too late...

and, oh, shit, I was playing with the retreat rules from Sword of Rome where you suffer attrition when retreating through non-controlled spaces.  :blush:

It's good to have Jannisaries on hand.

Ottomans take 1C as casualty.

Tamas

#110: 4 / War with Persia

Message from Hapsburgs:
Ottoman player must remove 5 land units from the map and place them (along with any leaders desired) on this Foreign War card. Persians start with 3 land units. If Ottoman strength drops below 5 land units, all new Ottoman land unit builds must be placed on card until total of 5 is restored

Please do all the map stuff, see you on Thursday!

Tamas

BTW one last thing. I can't remember if HIS has any such card, but if somebody could give me a breather by having the Ottomans skip their next impulse, I would honor it by offering a card draw next turn.

Viking

What are you doing in vienna, running, fighting, playing combat cards?

Habbaku

Viking, as much fun as letting you cheat would be, I can't let you get away with illegal moves while I'm watching this game.

Szegedin isn't flagged by you when the Hungarians surrender--it is flagged by the Habsburgs.  You cannot flag Pressburg because you do not have an LOC to the space.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Viking

I'm glad I ran all the way to Vienna fighting all the way first turn, rather than wait for that card. Oh, well, at least it is out of the game now.

Viking

Quote from: Habbaku on June 19, 2012, 03:44:47 PM
Viking, as much fun as letting you cheat would be, I can't let you get away with illegal moves while I'm watching this game.

Szegedin isn't flagged by you when the Hungarians surrender--it is flagged by the Habsburgs.  You cannot flag Pressburg because you do not have a LOC to the space.

I'm not making an illegal move

I left 1I in szgedin

QuoteMessage from Ottoman:
1/5 - Suleiman and Ibrahim with 10I 2C move to Szgedin
2/5 - Suleiman and Ibrahim with 9I and 2C move to Budapest for a battle.

And from section 22.5 of the rules

QuoteAll Hungarian home spaces with Ottoman land units in them come
under Ottoman control (including keys currently under siege).

So I flag szgedin when hungary surrenders due to me having a 1Inf counter in the area.

Habbaku

Fair point!  Carry on.

I suspect Tamas will change his play when he gets whipped in Vienna, though.  ;)

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

Quote from: Tamas on June 19, 2012, 03:41:50 PM
BTW one last thing. I can't remember if HIS has any such card, but if somebody could give me a breather by having the Ottomans skip their next impulse, I would honor it by offering a card draw next turn.

Halley's Comet doesn't appear until turn 3.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Tamas

OK in my hurry to help you out people by moving, I didnt realize you had ops to spend.

So I might cancel my cardplay, of course.

I have 5 regulars? lets add 4 mercs as well. roll the battle plz