Here Languish Stands game thread

Started by Solmyr, June 12, 2012, 02:15:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Viking

First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Viking

Quote from: Tamas on June 21, 2012, 03:13:05 AM
hey. I dont see the War in Persia card on the board. Nor do I see Ottoman troops removed to it.

I will almost certainly not be prosecuting that war.

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Solmyr

Er, Viking, you cannot move your fleets like that. They move 1 zone per CP (although all fleets can move for 1 CP).

Viking

:frusty:

2 areas per cp is from Napoleonic Wars.. all these fucking cdg run into one...

Suleiman moves back to pressburg then... sigh...

Solmyr

Also when you move your corsairs from Algiers to Barbary Coast, Tamas can intercept them from Gibraltar (IIRC his fleet is there, don't have the map in front of me now).

Tamas

Tamas

Hapsburgs: Play Card as Event
#92: 3 / Revolt in Egypt

Message from Hapsburgs:
Ottoman player must remove 3 land units from the map and place them (along with any leaders desired) on this Foreign War card. Egyptians start with 2 land units. If Ottoman strength drops below 3 land units, all new Ottoman land unit builds must be placed on card until total of 3 is restored

Uh-oh! :P

I am sending a file with the two foreign war cards. Viking must select 3 units out of his 6.

Viking

WTF, srsly?

I mean, what are the odds?

Solmyr

I suggest you prosecute those foreign wars. :P

Tamas

yeah, I lol-ed when I saw my hand.

Viking

Quote from: Solmyr on June 21, 2012, 06:41:02 AM
I suggest you prosecute those foreign wars. :P

No shit... Prosecute foreign wars and build up reserve of 8 cavalry.

Tamas has had a monster hand so far this turn wars in persia and egypt, landsknechts and trace italienne. A fort in cartagena or messina would have been really really annoying for me. 

Getting 8 dudes killed before he played the first card almost certainly didn't help either.

Tamas

Make your unit selection Viking, plz, so you won't get to make it if Solmyr finds an other way to screw with my righteous and very important culling of your way overpowered armies. :P

Solmyr

The sooner you play the League, the sooner I stop screwing with you and start screwing with the Pope. :P

Tamas

its not triggererring until you have 12 spaces, so how about helping the player who doesn't need help (Ottomans) and start converting stuff?

Viking

The Stack in Pressburg goes to Egypt. Suleiman, Ibrahim, 2I 1C.

Well that settles it, invasion of austria is over. It's up to somebody else to smite the hapsburgs. Not having an army sort of puts a dampener on my hopes and aspirations in that regard.