News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Here Languish Stands game thread

Started by Solmyr, June 12, 2012, 02:15:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solmyr

I'll cancel it then, as this is a fairly standard Papal play and I was saving Wartburg for something like that.

Viking

Quote from: Solmyr on June 21, 2012, 06:20:36 PM
I'll cancel it then, as this is a fairly standard Papal play and I was saving Wartburg for something like that.

Then do your turn so I can do mine.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

sbr

All good, sorry about that.  I don't know if you saw my edit before but I got confused by the double negative in the card description. 

Solmyr

Oran becomes a pirate haven. Nothing personal Tamas, I made a deal to play that card. :pirate

sbr

So I will just delete the file I made.  That means the next person needs to add France's VP again.

Solmyr

The file I just sent contains all the necessary adjustments, Viking only needs to add a second corsair to Oran which I forgot.

Viking

playing jon zapolya. I'll adjust Sol's file.

Quote3 / John Zapolya
If the Buda space is not under siege, add 4 regulars of the power that controls Buda to that space. If Hungary still controls Buda, add Hungarian regulars to that space (up to the limit of the counter mix).

Once thing we haven't been including is the +2 VP I got for defeating Hungary. I'll add the second corsair.

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Viking

don't I also need to add a second VP for chateuax?

Edit: Checked the journal and he only played chateaux this turn, not last.

ulmont

Quote from: Viking on June 21, 2012, 06:41:18 PM
Edit: Checked the journal and he only played chateaux this turn, not last.

Sadly, I needed the 5 CP to get Metz.  A questionable play, I admit.

Tamas

Solmyr I hope you are getting a monster event from Ottomans because this whole turn you were busy playing as the second Ottoman player. :P

And quite successful you were at it, since now, combined with the treacherous Hungarian pretender Zapolya, the Ottoman collapse has not only been averted, but you also helped him quickly build up his fleet.

Oh well, looks like I will have to count on those electorate VPs instead :P

Tamas

Spend 4 CP on building new military units. These units may be built in any space you control that is not under siege. The spaces need not be home spaces like usual.

2 mercs to Tunis
1 merc to Augsburg
1 merc to Mainz

Solmyr

QuotePrior to the Schmalkaldic League
Other powers are also under these restrictions:
• They may not declare war on the Protestant.
• Their units may not move or retreat into an electorate.

To me, that sounds like non-Protestant units cannot be in an electorate, period. This thread seems to confirm this: http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/738207/protestants-the-electorate-display-and-winter

Tamas

Quote from: Solmyr on June 22, 2012, 05:10:46 AM
QuotePrior to the Schmalkaldic League
Other powers are also under these restrictions:
• They may not declare war on the Protestant.
• Their units may not move or retreat into an electorate.

To me, that sounds like non-Protestant units cannot be in an electorate, period. This thread seems to confirm this: http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/738207/protestants-the-electorate-display-and-winter

That link doesn't confirm anything.

But this does:
http://talk.consimworld.com/[email protected]@.1dd00596/10030

:(

I need to redo my move then. I might end up playing an other card, this changes my whole play. I'll be back soon with my correct move.

Viking

Nuremberg, Kassel and Brunswick have pretty much the same effect.

Viking

From Tamas' link.

QuoteEd Beach - Dec 21, 2009 1:34 pm (#9896 Total: 12075) 

Virgin Queen now on preorder at gmtgames.com    

No that is not permissible. Try as you all might, there is NO WAY the Hapsburgs can get units into the electorates prior to the SL event.

I think that pretty much settles it.