Here Languish Stands game thread

Started by Solmyr, June 12, 2012, 02:15:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habbaku

Quote from: Viking on June 22, 2012, 05:11:32 PM
Quote from: Solmyr on June 22, 2012, 04:54:38 PM
Quote from: Viking on June 22, 2012, 06:56:40 AM
Quote from: Solmyr on June 22, 2012, 06:46:21 AM
Hey, don't blame me for that one! It was supposed to be played by France and I had to agree to play it when I got a card draw. :P

Pirate Haven was my deal, though. Way too cheap, I might add. But then I warned that I'm a noob. :P

How was it cheap?

Because it gave you 8 cp worth of stuff without you having to lift a finger.

4 cp :contract: but the real value is that now taking Algiers is not enough to get rid of pirates.

Taking Algiers is never enough to get rid of pirates anyway.  You may always build corsairs in any Ottoman home port after Barbary Pirates has been played.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

Quote from: Viking on June 22, 2012, 05:24:03 PM
It's not a fortress, it's a pirate haven counter.

:huh:  "It's not a regular, it's a 1 CU counter!"
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Solmyr

Viking

First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Solmyr

QuoteOnce converted into Ottoman pirate havens, these three spaces are considered to be Ottoman home spaces (with a fortress present) for all purposes. The only exception is that the Ottoman may only construct one type of unit (corsairs) in these spaces.

Viking

sweet...

I think my problem here is that I've played the game often enough to think that I don't need to re-read the rules.

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

sbr

Is there a reason my VPs didn't go all the way back to 18 (where they started) after the canceled debate?

Solmyr

I think I mistakenly gave you 14 religious struggle VP instead of 13, so yes you should be at 18 not 19.

sbr

OK CB is kicking my ass again.

I cannot figure out how to:

Remove the Independent unit counter from Florence
Remove the Marker for my 3rd Key on my Power Card
Find the square control markers to mark Florence for myself.

Help?  :Embarrass:

I did move my St Pete Marker and my VP marker to their proper spots.

Solmyr

1.Drag it into Military Units - Independent tray.
2.Drag the square marker from the power card into a temporary tray (such as Control Makers - Papacy) and then drag it from there onto the game map. The square counters are specifically limited in number so you always drag them between your power card and the map to mark control of keys.

I'll do these in my next file in a sec.

Solmyr

sbr

Quote from: Solmyr on June 22, 2012, 06:28:44 PM
2.Drag the square marker from the power card into a temporary tray (such as Control Makers - Papacy) and then drag it from there onto the game map. The square counters are specifically limited in number so you always drag them between your power card and the map to mark control of keys.

So easy, yet so hard to figure out.  :(  Thanks.

ulmont

Sbr actually has one more cp to spend; he doesn't have to spend a cp to flag Florence.

sbr

Viking

Quote from: Solmyr on June 22, 2012, 06:28:44 PM

or just open the the map and power card windows parallel to each other and drag the counter.