And we're back!

Main Menu

Here Languish Stands game thread

Started by Solmyr, June 12, 2012, 02:15:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sbr

Winter-Everyone in Florence to ravenna.

Tamas

My Winter will be : Charles and 4 regulars from Navarre to Valadoid. Squadron in Gulf of Lyon to Cartagena, squadron in the Atlantic Ocean to Gibraltar

ulmont

Viking, can I get you to drop the Swiss mercs in Milan pre winter?

ulmont

Corrected sbr's move.  French winter:

Winter:

Scottish squadron to Glasgow from Irish Sea.

Scottish units to Paris from Glasgow.

Montmorency, 1 regular to Paris from Metz.

If Viking plays Swiss mercs for my benefit in Milan, also pull 2 mercs to Paris from Milan.

Maximus

Winter:
Brandon +2 from Edinburgh to London
1 regular from Bristol to London
Squadrons from channel to Calais
Squadron from North Sea to London

Habbaku

Quote from: sbr on June 17, 2012, 02:53:05 PM
Winter-Everyone in Florence to ravenna.

You can't spring deploy from Ravenna, so...why there?
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

sbr

Because I forgot the SD rules and that was the closest fortified city.

If it's not too much trouble could I change that too?  1+2 from Modena to Rome, not Ravenna.

I promise I don't make the same mistake twice, and since we are almost through one turn I should have most everything covered.

ulmont

I'm sure that change will be no problem.

Viking

Quote from: ulmont on June 17, 2012, 03:26:02 PM
Viking, can I get you to drop the Swiss mercs in Milan pre winter?

Yes.. I've already said I'd play it when and where you wanted. I can't play it as an event since I have passed, I think I've made it pretty clear in public that I'd play it when you wanted before a battle (the best time to use it). So, e.g. if you assault metz I will play the card.

Edit: Checked the rules, I can play it at any time, not just before a battle I'll play it at the end of your last impulse, since I assume you will be last and place 4 mercs in Milan.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Viking

noooooo!!!!!!!! I resued 21 and 22 for my mercs and winter... ignore them... I'll resend in correct order.

eh, oh, wait.. sorry.. I thought I had ignored the mails.. they just arrived as I finished..

Edit 2: Drat..

Sigh...

will fix in spring.... lets just keep using the 24 file

Belgrade 4I
Istanbul 8I 2C 1F
Salonika 1I 1F
Athens 1I 1F

before free unit and spring deploy.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Solmyr

Tamas, can you roll your exploration and conquest (in CB if you drag a counter from the Explorer or Conquistador trays, it will give you a random one, so you can do it that way), and roll your New World riches so we can adjust the hand size correctly before ending the turn.

Tamas

Ok, sent a file with my winter and the entire New World.

Mayas are fucked, and the North American rivers are explored.

Solmyr

Habsburg colony fails to produce anything, and the Maya riches lack a galleon.

Solmyr

I think we are ready to deal turn 2 cards, anything anyone think is missing? Other than applying winter to the CB file (remember that everyone also gets a regular in their capital(s)).

Tamas