Main Menu

Here Languish Stands game thread

Started by Solmyr, June 12, 2012, 02:15:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Viking

Quote from: Solmyr on June 15, 2012, 03:57:01 PM
Quote from: Viking on June 15, 2012, 03:46:37 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5P7QkHCfaI&feature=related

at 4:23 luther stands here - the cardinal in the film is aleander and the effeminate guy on the throne is chucky. (yes this is a lutheran propaganda piece and despite my atheism I still side with the lutheran here)

I prefer Chuck as portrayed here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ge_Brc7-JqU
He kinda looks like Antonio Banderas.

if Antonio Banderas had a prostetic chin and prostetic nose....
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Maximus

England declares war on Scotland, builds, and maneuvers.

ulmont

France intervenes and then pulls the troops out.  I just realized I forgot to adjust the VP, but I'll get it next round.

Solmyr

Viking

Quote from: Solmyr on June 15, 2012, 05:07:15 PM
Ah, the Scottish gambit.

Is this the force england to spend cards to take the scottish army or have border raider get played and and invade while putting the scottish fleet permanently in the french arsenal?

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

sbr

Quote from: Habbaku on June 15, 2012, 02:35:34 PM
Quote from: sbr on June 15, 2012, 02:30:51 PM
The power that makes the attempt wins ties in the target language zone(s), the other power wins ties elsewhere.  What is the target language zone in this context?

The language zone being targeted.  At the start of each set of Publish Treatise, Burn Books or Bible/New Testament series of conversion attempts, you must target a language zone--either French, German, English, Italian or Spanish.  Anything outside of those zones is always considered a "lose-ties" proposition (such as Prague and the like).

Some debaters (such as Caraffa) and cards allow you to target all zones simultaneously, though.

Why would anyone attempt an action in a different language zone than the one they targeted?

Do I need to download all of the move files sent today or just the latest one?

Viking

Quote from: sbr on June 15, 2012, 06:15:14 PM
Quote from: Habbaku on June 15, 2012, 02:35:34 PM
Quote from: sbr on June 15, 2012, 02:30:51 PM
The power that makes the attempt wins ties in the target language zone(s), the other power wins ties elsewhere.  What is the target language zone in this context?

The language zone being targeted.  At the start of each set of Publish Treatise, Burn Books or Bible/New Testament series of conversion attempts, you must target a language zone--either French, German, English, Italian or Spanish.  Anything outside of those zones is always considered a "lose-ties" proposition (such as Prague and the like).

Some debaters (such as Caraffa) and cards allow you to target all zones simultaneously, though.

Why would anyone attempt an action in a different language zone than the one they targeted?

Do I need to download all of the move files sent today or just the latest one?

the latest one will get you up to date, but it is good practice to play them one by one, so you can see what happened. You might want to target another language zone if you for example already converted the last area in your language zone with your first attempt of two. 

Solmyr

Quote from: Viking on June 15, 2012, 06:11:15 PM
Quote from: Solmyr on June 15, 2012, 05:07:15 PM
Ah, the Scottish gambit.

Is this the force england to spend cards to take the scottish army or have border raider get played and and invade while putting the scottish fleet permanently in the french arsenal?

I'm pretty sure the Scots are getting wintered in Paris.

ulmont

Quote from: Solmyr on June 15, 2012, 06:38:14 PM
I'm pretty sure the Scots are getting wintered in Paris.

Yeah, if I'd been interested in fighting that war Swiss mercs would have come out pretty much immediately into Edinburgh.

On the other hand, if the English and Hapsburgs really aren't interested in prosecuting their wars, Italy starts to look a lot more interesting.

sbr

So what the hell do I have in Ravenna, just one regular?  And one regular in Rome?

I thought I had seen first impulses by the Pope where they bought 2 mercs in Ravenna and then moved a reg and 3 mercs.

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

sbr

Played Papal Bull

Raised 2 mercs in Ravenna
moved 1+2 to Modena
Control Modena

Hopefully I did everything right.

sbr

Quote from: Habbaku on June 15, 2012, 07:54:33 PM
Looks like you thought wrong.

Apparently.  I was reading the last (I think) game you all played here and Berkut, as the Pope first turn:

no SD
In his first impulse, first turn raised 2 mercs then moved 1+3 to Modena.

http://languish.org/forums/index.php/topic,419.msg19320.html#msg19320

Has something changed in the setup since then?

Viking

Quote from: sbr on June 15, 2012, 08:10:44 PM

Apparently.  I was reading the last (I think) game you all played here and Berkut, as the Pope first turn:

no SD

Nope, Berkut still either cheated or made a typo. You did your move correctly and legally. Berkut seems to have made 5 cp of action with a 4 cp card.

sbr

Quote from: Viking on June 15, 2012, 08:20:02 PM
Quote from: sbr on June 15, 2012, 08:10:44 PM

no SD

Nope, Berkut still either cheated or made a typo.

OK.  I had read that then when I click on the counter in Ravenna and Rome I saw a regular and a merc in each.  It took me a while to realize that I was seeing both sides of one counter. 

This CB may get easy to use and understand eventually but it is kicking my ass at the moment.