News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Here Languish Stands game thread

Started by Solmyr, June 12, 2012, 02:15:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maximus

Let's give it a few more hours. Time zones and all.

Solmyr

Sure. :)

And for the record, I don't mind other people rolling my dice in ACTS. It's not like they are being physically rolled anywhere.

Tamas

Actually, IIRC, officially only the English can negotiate in secret at the start, with France and/or HaBsburgs.

All other negotiations are supposed to happen like it wasnt a diplo phase, in the open.

Solmyr

Yeah. That's why I asked if Max was still negotiating.

Viking

I sent out my spring to keep the speed up, and tbh it will remain the same unless Max gives Tamas more than one card.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

sbr

Tamas

My Spring is: both leaders and 4 regulars from Madrid to Navarre, but I might change this if England announces something interesting diplomatically.

sbr

If someone has some time today could I get a basic tutorial on how to take ny turn on cb-how to place units, move units, create a file, anything else I might need so when I get home I can play the game and not slam my face against the software.

Again I know NOTHING.

ulmont

SD:

Montmorency, 3 regulars + 0 mercs from Paris to St. Dizier.

Viking

Quote from: sbr on June 15, 2012, 08:15:07 AM
If someone has some time today could I get a basic tutorial on how to take ny turn on cb-how to place units, move units, create a file, anything else I might need so when I get home I can play the game and not slam my face against the software.

Again I know NOTHING.

basically you play the last mov file and that gives you the start position (remember to click on the accept playback button, it's up there just look). Then you click on the counters, hold down the mouse key and move units about, new units and unit breakdowns can be found in the trays (click on the dropdown menu on the top of the counter trays, it's there just look). Once you are finished with your moves and organisation you just click on the save recording button (again, its there, just look) and then save that file and send it to all of us, all while making sure that the file numbering (the 001 or 002 we have put at the ends of our mov files) is in correct sequence.

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Solmyr

Looks like Metz is conceded to France.

Viking

Quote from: Solmyr on June 15, 2012, 09:04:50 AM
Looks like Metz is conceded to France.

Also it looks like France is conceding Bordeaux to Habsburgs.

Solmyr

Remember though that you cannot flag unfortified spaces across passes since there is no LOC to the capital. So to flag across the Pyrenees you need a ship in Bay of Biscay or Gulf of Lyon.

Berkut

The most important thing to remember about using CB is that no matter how hard it seems, it isn't. Once you get used to it, it will be second nature, so don't get frustrated.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Maximus

Negotiations are concluded.

Spring deployment:
Brandon and 3 regulars to Berwick