News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Here Languish Stands game thread

Started by Solmyr, June 12, 2012, 02:15:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maximus

ACTS is just a card drawing and die rolling mechanism. You have your hand of cards on the left. The journal and scoreboard in the centre and the die roller and other actions you can take on the right.

sbr

Christ, its harder to figure out the tools you need than it is to play the damn game.

Should I be able to see my Home Cards in my hand now? 

How do I play a card for the Diet:

Play as Operation
Play as Event
Play as Special Event

?

EDIT:  Wait, I give it to the Ottomans?

ulmont

Quote from: sbr on June 14, 2012, 07:43:18 PM
Christ, its harder to figure out the tools you need than it is to play the damn game.

Should I be able to see my Home Cards in my hand now? 

How do I play a card for the Diet:

Play as Operation
Play as Event
Play as Special Event

?

EDIT:  Wait, I give it to the Ottomans?

1) Your Home card will never be shown in your hand on ACTS; it's tracked in the "Home Cards Played" variable.  You can see it in your hand on CB if you need to figure out what it does.

2) You give it to the Ottomans (click on the card, then look below for "give to another player"), who will later discard it (or play it as ops; same point).

sbr

Quote from: ulmont on June 14, 2012, 07:57:24 PM
1) Your Home card will never be shown in your hand on ACTS; it's tracked in the "Home Cards Played" variable.  You can see it in your hand on CB if you need to figure out what it does.

Where on CB would I find them?

ulmont

Quote from: sbr on June 14, 2012, 08:13:14 PM
Quote from: ulmont on June 14, 2012, 07:57:24 PM

Where on CB would I find them?

In the "5 - Papal Hand - Papacy" tray in the right hand side.

Alternately, here are your 2 home cards:

Quote from: Papal BullExcommunicate a Protestant reformer. You may also call a Theological Debate in the same language zone as the excommunication. OR If grounds for excommunication exist (see 21.5), excommunicate the ruler of England, France, or Hapsburgs. Place Unrest markers on up to 2 of that power's unoccupied home spaces under Catholic religious influence.

Use this to excommunicate a reformer and then call a debate against one of the wimpier debaters left over (see Tyndale in England).  Alternately, if France doesn't back off from Italy in turn 1, excommunicate his sorry ass.

Quote from: Leipzig DebateCall a Theological Debate.  You can either specify your own debater or specify that one Protestant debater is not available during any round of this debate.

Use this to send Eck into England against a committed Tyndale (the only debater in England at various points).

sbr

Thanks ulmont.  Diet card sent to the Turk.

Viking

Played the cards as operations

Protestants 5 + 4 dice
Papists 3 + 2 dice

blaze away boyos.

BTW, my spring is going to be Suleiman, Ibrahim, 1C and 7I to Nezh, since I go first.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Viking

Protestant bonus is 4. I think it is a good use of the card since he cannot use the event to benefit himself for a few turns.

Quote from: page 27 of rulebook3. Roll Protestant Dice: The Protestant player adds 4 to the CP
value of his card. This total represents the number of dice he now
rolls. Each roll of a "5" or a "6" is considered to be a hit.

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Habbaku

Quote from: Viking on June 14, 2012, 10:36:52 PM
blaze away boyos.

There is literally no reason not to resolve this yourself.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Viking

Quote from: Habbaku on June 14, 2012, 10:41:46 PM
Quote from: Viking on June 14, 2012, 10:36:52 PM
blaze away boyos.

There is literally no reason not to resolve this yourself.

Some people are sensitive about rolling their own dice. Plus whoever wins will need to pick areas.

or if the result is zero.. then I can just spring deploy myself immediately... I will roll, 9 dice vs 5

ulmont

Quote from: Viking on June 14, 2012, 10:40:53 PM
Protestant bonus is 4. I think it is a good use of the card since he cannot use the event to benefit himself for a few turns.

Treachery is worth 2 cards or event plays from practically anyone else, since it allows all kinds of bullshit.  France taking Calais, Genoa, or Venice; England taking Rouen or Antwerp without fucking around with boats; Ottomans taking Venice, etc. etc...

sbr

I have no problem with someone else rolling for me.  Whoever rolls for the Protestants can also roll for me.

Viking

3 protestant hist vs 2 catholic ones.

This is why Leipzig and Nuremberg can be so valuable in the 95 thesis, get those two and every hit from worms is an electorate.

I suppose Kassel is the best choice, thats what I'd suggest anyways. No need for a mov file for this, just tell me and I'll include it in my spring.

Viking

Quote from: ulmont on June 14, 2012, 10:45:30 PM
Quote from: Viking on June 14, 2012, 10:40:53 PM

Treachery is worth 2 cards or event plays from practically anyone else, since it allows all kinds of bullshit.  France taking Calais, Genoa, or Venice; England taking Rouen or Antwerp without fucking around with boats; Ottomans taking Venice, etc. etc...

All those things are really really cool, but none of them includes the phrase "Protestants taking.." in them. Besides this might have been his only 5 card, which he can pick back up again with Here I Stand and then possibly trade it's play for two cards next turn or something similar.

Solmyr

I can pick it up again with my home card, yes. I might even do so, if the Pope doesn't overrun me with debates. :contract: Of course, we heartily encourage Rome to concentrate on the affairs of Italy and defending against the Turk, and to leave Germany alone. If someone feels they might be interested in Treachery being played for them, I am open to offers.

Anyway, flip Kassel for the Worms result (I was hoping for at least one more flip :angry: ).

People who are not negotiating anymore can probably post their spring deployment. Max, are you still talking?

EDIT: Actually flip Kassel instead of Leipzig.