And we're back!

Main Menu

Here Languish Stands game thread

Started by Solmyr, June 12, 2012, 02:15:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

#88: 3 / Peasants' War

Message from Hapsburgs:
Place Unrest markers on up to 5 unoccupied German-speaking spaces. Remove from deck if played as event.

place unrest markers on Kassel, Erfurt, Magdeburg, and Lubeck, ie. all the unoccupied protestant spaces

I am sorry Solmyr :P Was too good to pass up.

Il Papa, you are welcome. File is coming.

ulmont

Sol, go ahead and retarget for Brandon.

Viking

1 - I suggest the protestant remember that during the game the habsburg will invade him at some point and alva will be materially involved in that either leading the invasion or freeing chuckie up to do it himself.

2 - I propose that now that the fleet loc requirement has been reminded to me that the army in navarre is a paper tiger against the garrison at Bordeuax.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Solmyr

:bleeding: Wow, Luther just got assraped. I think I'm gonna need those 3 cps, ulmont. :P

Tamas

3 - the Ottomans are in no position to act as a neutral advisors.

:P

Tamas

Viking

Quote from: Tamas on June 15, 2012, 03:16:07 PM
3 - the Ottomans are in no position to act as a neutral advisors.

:P

4 - the Habsburgs are in no position to pretend to be anything other than arch enemies of both protestants and musselmans.

Seriously, taking out Alva does limit your teleportation home card ability. If you have two enemies and two generals you cannot teleport. If you have two enemies and three generals you can.

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Tamas

On the other hand, there is one single pattern in the Languish HIS games in the past: if England is left alone, it wins. Sooo, hit it.

Viking

btw, this is why you should have send hank to the tweed with brandon and the army.

Solmyr

Quote from: Tamas on June 15, 2012, 03:23:25 PM
On the other hand, there is one single pattern in the Languish HIS games in the past: if England is left alone, it wins. Sooo, hit it.

On the other hand, France is pretty obviously preparing to fight England. :P

I'll have to see what the Pope does before I decide either way. Luckily this unrest isn't quite as disatrous to me at this stage as it would be later, since I cannot be attacked yet.

Max is up, btw.

ulmont

Quote from: Viking on June 15, 2012, 03:25:16 PM
btw, this is why you should have send hank to the tweed with brandon and the army.

Shit, wait, Henry didn't go up to Scotland?

Sol, back to Alva.

Solmyr

Viking

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5P7QkHCfaI&feature=related

at 4:23 luther stands here - the cardinal in the film is aleander and the effeminate guy on the throne is chucky. (yes this is a lutheran propaganda piece and despite my atheism I still side with the lutheran here)

even "A Mighty Fortress" has emotional tug on me

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=wiRpUtVByxU

Viking

Quote from: ulmont on June 15, 2012, 03:40:45 PM
Quote from: Viking on June 15, 2012, 03:25:16 PM

Shit, wait, Henry didn't go up to Scotland?

Sol, back to Alva.

No shit

Quote from: Maximus on June 15, 2012, 10:47:31 AM
Negotiations are concluded.

Spring deployment:
Brandon and 3 regulars to Berwick

at times like this I'm not sure if Max is crazy like a fox or clever like one.

Solmyr

Quote from: Viking on June 15, 2012, 03:46:37 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5P7QkHCfaI&feature=related

at 4:23 luther stands here - the cardinal in the film is aleander and the effeminate guy on the throne is chucky. (yes this is a lutheran propaganda piece and despite my atheism I still side with the lutheran here)

I prefer Chuck as portrayed here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ge_Brc7-JqU
He kinda looks like Antonio Banderas.