Here Languish Stands game thread

Started by Solmyr, June 12, 2012, 02:15:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Viking

First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Solmyr

Will send the file with winter moves and other updates in a couple of hours. Negotiations can: begin.

I am reachable on Facebook for fastest negotiations. Protestants expect a card draw from France and are interested in talking to whoever might have the Schmalkaldic League card.

Solmyr

Sent out the file with turn 1 winter from the rest and turn 2 additions. Current board also includes Ottoman SD (Viking jumped the gun there a bit as SD takes place after negotiations).

Solmyr

Btw, a couple of SB counter-moving tips for sbr and others:

If you want to select a stack of units quickly, you can drag-select an area where they are, and then in the counter list you see on the left side Ctrl-click those counters you need. Press Ins to deselect everything else. Or alternately, Ctrl-click the counters you don't need, and press Del to deselect just those.

Also, Ctrl-F brings all currently selected units to front and Ctrl-B moves them to the back. Can be useful to drag your selection on the map more easily.

Maximus

I'm a bit confused about mandatory events. As I understand it, it doesn't matter who holds them, they must be played as event, correct?

Solmyr

Yes, at some point during the turn. You can choose exactly when, but you cannot pass if you have mandatory events in your hand.

Viking

Quote from: Maximus on June 18, 2012, 10:07:06 AM
I'm a bit confused about mandatory events. As I understand it, it doesn't matter who holds them, they must be played as event, correct?

Remember, they also serve as 2 CP worth of ops for the side playing the card.
Quote from: Solmyr on June 18, 2012, 09:18:59 AM
Sent out the file with turn 1 winter from the rest and turn 2 additions. Current board also includes Ottoman SD (Viking jumped the gun there a bit as SD takes place after negotiations).

It's not like I'm not going to invade hungary and its not like any diplomatizing is going to do anything other than have people wait while they wait for me to SD.

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Solmyr

Who knows, maybe Suleiman suddenly embraces peace and love. After all he follows the Religion of Peace. :P

Viking

Quote from: Solmyr on June 18, 2012, 10:19:11 AM
Who knows, maybe Suleiman suddenly embraces peace and love. After all he follows the Religion of Peace. :P

Well, peace be upon the hapsburgs and the pope.

Viking

Is there anybody still diplomatizing?

Maximus

sbr

Quote from: Viking on June 18, 2012, 03:40:45 PM

I just sent a response to the one person who contacted me and I don't think I have anything to talk about with anyone else.

ulmont

Please, for the love of both God and Man, when you're done, just announce and the rest of us will catch up.  The "I'm done, are you, are you, are you?" phase is one* of the worst parts of HiS.

*The worst part, of course, is the inevitable kvetching about how Player X is going to lose the game for Player Y if they don't do exactly what Player Z says.  Usually starts in turn 4.

Viking

Quote from: ulmont on June 18, 2012, 05:47:36 PM

Please, for the love of both God and Man, when you're done, just announce and the rest of us will catch up.  The "I'm done, are you, are you, are you?" phase is one* of the worst parts of HiS.

*The worst part, of course, is the inevitable kvetching about how Player X is going to lose the game for Player Y if they don't do exactly what Player Z says.  Usually starts in turn 4.

Tamas being difficult?

ulmont

Nah just hit this spot in three games at more or less the same time and Blech.