News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Virgin Queen PBEM Recruitment

Started by Habbaku, May 09, 2012, 12:14:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

szmik

I've got a question about rules.

In regards to Ottoman and Venice, if you as Ottoman declare war on Venice and then win influence resolution it means Venice fights you all alone, right?
Quote from: Neil on September 23, 2011, 08:41:24 AM
That's why Martinus, for all his spending on the trappings of wealth and taste, will never really have class.  He's just trying too hard to be something he isn't (an intelligent, tasteful gentleman), trying desperately to hide what he is (Polish trash with money and a severe behavioral disorder), and it shows in everything he says and does.  He's not our equal, not by a mile.

Habbaku

Quote from: szmik on June 16, 2012, 12:59:48 PM
I've got a question about rules.

In regards to Ottoman and Venice, if you as Ottoman declare war on Venice and then win influence resolution it means Venice fights you all alone, right?

Nope.  See 9.4.2 and 9.4.4 :

Quote2. DOW on Minor Powers: This player then announces
whether or not he wishes his power to declare war on
one or more minor powers. For each such declaration,
add an "At War" marker to the appropriate box in the
Diplomatic Status Display. The declaration of war on a minor
power also triggers the resolution of that minor power's diplomatic
status (possibly allowing a major power to intervene on
behalf of this minor, see Step 4). Finally, remove the declaring
power's Influence marker from this minor power's column on the
Diplomatic Influence table; this major power may not influence
this minor for the rest of the game.

Quote4. Intervention on Behalf of a Minor Power: If one or more war
declarations were directed at a minor power, resolve the Diplomatic
Status of each minor power as specified in 24.6 (if more than one
minor was the target of a DOW, the order of resolution is chosen
by the active player). Remove the power declaring war and any
power listed as a "Deactivate" power from those considered during
this Diplomatic Status check.
The power that wins the status
check earns the right to intervene on behalf of the Minor Power.
That player must then choose one of these options:
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

The aforementioned, of course, allows the Spanish to engage in the historical occupation of Portugal for the entirety of the game after the Death of King Sebastian event.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

szmik

Thanks Habs, I somehow overlooked it.   :hmm:
Quote from: Neil on September 23, 2011, 08:41:24 AM
That's why Martinus, for all his spending on the trappings of wealth and taste, will never really have class.  He's just trying too hard to be something he isn't (an intelligent, tasteful gentleman), trying desperately to hide what he is (Polish trash with money and a severe behavioral disorder), and it shows in everything he says and does.  He's not our equal, not by a mile.

Drakken

The Reich does little reinforcement on his Western border by recruiting 4 Merc.

Off to the Protestants.

garbon

Hey sorry for the delay. Impulse shortly.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote#52: 2 / Foxe's Book of Martyrs

Message from Protestants:
Preaching a sermon in France

Calais and Lyon convert.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Berkut

#41: 3 / Border Reivers [RESPONSE]

Message from Spain:
2/3: Build Fortress in Puerto Rico
3/3: Influence in Papacy

Spend 4CP Treasure to extend

1/4: 4m to Metz from Besancon
2/4: Parma 4r2m to Reims

Jeromey could intercept here, but since I am assuring him I am on my way to the Netherlands, and he seems to have enough to worry about, I am going to assume he will not.

4/4: Stack to Brussels
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

ulmont

The Drake/Hawkins expedition succeeds in the antilles, exploding a Spanish fortress, snagging a VP, destroying a patrol and taking a treasure while receiving no hits.

Frobisher, meanwhile, successfully returns from circumnavigating the globe.

To finish it off the English patronize an artist and build a merc in London.

English are done for the turn.

Habbaku

QuoteFrance: Play Card as Event
#97: 5 / St. Bartholomew's Day Massacre

Message from France:
What a tragedy!

The Protestant player eliminates all his mercenaries in France. Award a +1 Card marker to the Protestant. Flip up to 5 spaces in France that are under Protestant religious influence but French political control to Catholic religious influence. The French player may take a free, immediate Assassination attempt (2 CP) against Coligny. Increase the number of spaces to 8 and Assassination CP to 4 if Navarre is betrothed to a French royal. Remove from deck if played as event.

All Protestant mercenaries abandon the cause.  Chartres, Paris, Calais and Lyons convert to the true cause as the Huguenot rats are driven underground again.

Back to Drakken.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Tamas

There are some brutal cards in this game.

garbon

Quote from: Tamas on June 18, 2012, 09:14:13 AM
There are some brutal cards in this game.

Yes, I'm seeing a lot of reversals...

garbon

Quote from: Habbaku on June 18, 2012, 09:03:45 AM
QuoteFrance: Play Card as Event
#97: 5 / St. Bartholomew's Day Massacre

Message from France:
What a tragedy!

The Protestant player eliminates all his mercenaries in France. Award a +1 Card marker to the Protestant. Flip up to 5 spaces in France that are under Protestant religious influence but French political control to Catholic religious influence. The French player may take a free, immediate Assassination attempt (2 CP) against Coligny. Increase the number of spaces to 8 and Assassination CP to 4 if Navarre is betrothed to a French royal. Remove from deck if played as event.

All Protestant mercenaries abandon the cause.  Chartres, Paris, Calais and Lyons convert to the true cause as the Huguenot rats are driven underground again.

Back to Drakken.

You might have just missed it as the unrest marker is in the way - but do you want Amiens to convert as well?

Habbaku

Yes, I want Amiens converted as well.  That is why I deliberately try to keep pieces from blocking the religious affiliation of the spaces they're on top of, actually.  Thanks.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

garbon

Quote from: Habbaku on June 18, 2012, 09:33:45 AM
Yes, I want Amiens converted as well.  That is why I deliberately try to keep pieces from blocking the religious affiliation of the spaces they're on top of, actually.  Thanks.

Alternatively one could just look at the board. :whistle: