News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Virgin Queen PBEM Recruitment

Started by Habbaku, May 09, 2012, 12:14:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

well how good you raise that point, since from the moment I was removed from the turn, things screetched to a halt. Something to keep in my for future reference.  :blurgh:

garbon

Quote from: Tamas on June 18, 2012, 02:13:22 PM
well how good you raise that point, since from the moment I was removed from the turn, things screetched to a halt. Something to keep in my for future reference.  :blurgh:

Hey I was already on your side that you weren't the primary issue of the game being held up.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Habbaku

Quote from: garbon on June 18, 2012, 02:11:38 PM
Also, perhaps the turn seems so long to him as his excellent play has led him to being able to only take a few impulses each turn.

:lol:
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Drakken

You'll have my impulse in a little more than an hour, tops.

Drakken

Holy Roman Empire: Play Card as Operations
#57: 4 / Irish Rebellion

Message from Holy Roman Empire:
4CP :

3/4 : Spranger patronized for 3CP (+1)
4/4 : Remove unrest in Trieste.

Off to Garbon.

garbon

Quote#20: 5 / Eloquent Ambassador

Message from Protestants:
Adding 3cp of influence to Scotland and then resolving.

I'll pause for a hot sec in case anyone has any response cards to play...though possibly not as I've a +6 modifier.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Habbaku

nothing here.  Only other potential is England.  Ulmont?
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

ulmont

Quote from: Habbaku on June 18, 2012, 06:19:26 PM
nothing here.  Only other potential is England.  Ulmont?

No.  Go ahead, Garbon.

garbon

Scotland joins the Protestant cause. Berk's up.

garbon

Btw, Berk - do you need to own the Duke of Parma? Makes it a little more annoying to see that space. :D

Berkut

Spain: Play Card as Operations

#92: 3 / Double Agent

Message from Spain:
2/3: Place Jesuit in Berwick
3/3: Remove unrest in Luxembourg

Passing out the turn.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Berkut

Can whoever does the next move file move my Jesuit to York? That seems like a better spot.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Habbaku

Ottomans, England and Spain passing the rest of the turn, so that just leaves me, Drakken and Garbon (with only his home card left).

Off to me...

I'm going to play The Black Queen for the last option--review a hand and potentially steal a card or draw two cards.

Let's see what Ulmont has remaining.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

ulmont

Habbaku

Yeah.  I'll take two cards from the deck.

Off to Drakken.

-J. R. R. Tolkien