News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Virgin Queen PBEM Recruitment

Started by Habbaku, May 09, 2012, 12:14:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drakken

Quote from: Habbaku on June 19, 2012, 10:41:39 AM
What 4 units?  Any 4 units?  Should I pick them for you?  Two mercenaries?  4?  A mixture of regulars and mercenaries?

What are you getting during your winter?  1 regular?  2 mercenaries?  4 mercenaries?  Is there a reason you don't post this each winter?

A) No reason except that I don't have CB here, and I must do it from memory so that the game moves on.  :glare:

B) Because I forget each time.

So :

A) 2Reg+2Mercs in Frankfurt, the rest to Prague.
B) Refill mercenary pool.

Habbaku

The marriage of Louise de Coligny and William turns out to be relatively beneficial to both houses--+1 VP to the Protestants (and another +1 card for Coligny's dowry).

In patronage, El Greco produces a notable painting worth 1 VP to the Spanish.  De l'Orne does likewise for France and Spranger for the HRE.  Alas, Hilliard produces nothing for England except a promise of more work.

In science, Brahe produces an excellent discovery.  HRE gets +2 VPs or 1 VP and a tech advancement (Drakken's choice here).  In England, Dee accomplishes the same level of notability and produces the last 2 VP science discovery (or, of course, 1 VP + tech; Ulmont's choice).

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

For the sake of pressing on, I'm going to assume that Berkut meant to leave 2 mercenaries from his stack in Brussels in Mons the entire time.  He never seemed like he was going to break his truce with Garbon, after all, and those troops wouldn't have affected a hypothetical rebellion by the Protestants in Brussels anyway.

Duke of Parma successfully makes it to Milan, though.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

Cards have been dealt and a winter file sent.  Ulmont needs to grab his treasure in the New World, Berkut needs to grab his remaining treasure from the pile and re-seed the stack.

Other than that, off to diplomacy.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

Current VPs heading into turn 5 :

Ottoman    15
Spain    14
England    22
France    21
HRE            16
Protestants 16

-J. R. R. Tolkien

garbon

Interesting how the Protestant-Spanish coalition left us behind where we started.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Berkut

Yeah, funny how that works when you decide you should shovel VPs to the English for some bizarre reason.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

garbon

Funny how that works when you decide to leave me high and dry in France after you managed to take him down an entire VP!
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Habbaku

England is actually at 22 VPs per Ulmont's correction (one of the piracy VPs wasn't marked).

-J. R. R. Tolkien

garbon

I guess we know who needs to be taken down this turn.

Berkut

The real issue is that France and England are playing coop with each other, and just farming VPs rather than either trying to slow the other down.

Not really sure what anyone can do about that. England will tell me I should attack France, and France will tell me I should attack England.

0 rows returned

Habbaku

Quote from: Berkut on June 19, 2012, 11:34:17 AM
The real issue is that France and England are playing coop with each other, and just farming VPs rather than either trying to slow the other down.

:lol:

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

The real issue is that Spain has done literally nothing to halt the English the entire game while the French have been stomping Protestants.  If I knew a way to stomp England on top of that, I'd probably do it.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Berkut

Quote from: Habbaku on June 19, 2012, 11:38:30 AM
The real issue is that Spain has done literally nothing to halt the English the entire game while the French have been stomping Protestants.  If I knew a way to stomp England on top of that, I'd probably do it.

Yeah, my spending a bazillion CPs in fortresses and Patrols, all made irrelevant by garbon, is "literally nothing". He has 4 piracy VPs - I am not sure what I could possibly do to have reduced that number other than what I have done, which is build as many forts and patrols as possible.

0 rows returned

Habbaku

Except you haven't "buil(t) as many...patrols as possible."  You have 3 that remain unbuilt and I'm not sure they were ever built to begin with.  I'm sure that is somehow my fault, though.  After all, I am playing coop with him and not doing everything I can to slow him down.

-J. R. R. Tolkien