News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Virgin Queen PBEM Recruitment

Started by Habbaku, May 09, 2012, 12:14:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habbaku

France purged more heresy in Lyons and Paris as well as put down the riots in Paris itself.

Back to Berkut.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

French winter :

1 mercenary in Boulogne to Paris.
Ville. to home base.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Drakken

HRE Winter Phase: Refill Mercenary pool.

Also, why is my VP decreased from 13 to 11?

ulmont

Drake returns to England, no other winter.

Habbaku

Quote from: Drakken on June 13, 2012, 03:47:12 PM

Also, why is my VP decreased from 13 to 11?

Because no one ever placed the +2 Polish Election VP chit on your power card.  I'll change it when I do the winter file.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

Quote from: Drakken on June 13, 2012, 03:47:12 PM

Okay, now the rest of it?  What troops are staying in Szigetvar?

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

Quote from: Tamas on June 13, 2012, 03:19:46 PM
Ottoman winter: my ships go back where they came from, the regular in Nicopolis, and my leader in Belgrade go to Istanbul.

Are you deliberately leaving the cavalry in Scutari?

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Tamas

Quote from: Habbaku on June 13, 2012, 03:58:14 PM
Quote from: Tamas on June 13, 2012, 03:19:46 PM
Ottoman winter: my ships go back where they came from, the regular in Nicopolis, and my leader in Belgrade go to Istanbul.

Are you deliberately leaving the cavalry in Scutari?

oh, right, thanks for the warning. that to istanbul as well.

Drakken

Quote from: Habbaku on June 13, 2012, 03:54:15 PM

Okay, now the rest of it?  What troops are staying in Szigetvar?

4 Regs and Zrinyi stay in Szigevar.

The rest and Schwendi returns to Vienna.

Habbaku

Roger.

Just need Berkut's winter and we may proceed.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Berkut

2r2m from Palma head to Tunis

Do the patrols have to go somewhere, or do they stay out?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Habbaku

Yes, patrols may stay in ocean zones indefinitely.  They're only destroyed by piracy hits.

Doing winter/end of turn stuff now.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

Usual turn bonus VPs :

+1 to England for Virgin Queen
+1 to France for controlling Paris

Marriages :

Marguerite and Henry of Navarre end up proving amenable to one-another.  +1 VP for both sides, +1 to France for Valois marriage and +1 card to Protestants for marrying a French royal.

Charles IX and Elisabeth of Austria are happy with one-another, but produce nothing of note.  Henry III will end up inheriting the French crown.  Despite their troubles, though, Elisabeth proves very popular amongst the Catholics of France--she allows France to sponsor a Suppress Heresy action.  It proves very successful and converts Avignon, Calais and Caen to the true faith.  Charles IX also produces another VP for Valois marriage.

In Scotland, meanwhile, Anna of Austria's marriage to the Earl of Arran proves somewhat troublesome.  Despite how lovely Anna is, she is unable to conceive with the mentally-troubled Earl.  Nonetheless, the marriage proves popular with John Knox, who blesses the marriage and converts most of Scotland (assuming Edinburgh and Stirling, but Garbon should feel free to change if he wants).

Arts and Sciences :

Brueghel produces nothing of note, alas, but is returned to the pool with his lessers.

Clouet in France proves equally worthless, but returns to work.

Tycho Brahe follows suit, producing no scientific discoveries in his work.

Bellaso, on the other hand, produces a small discovery on magnetism for the glory of France (+1 VP).

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

New World colonies produce a treasure for both France and England, but otherwise prove empty.

I'll draw one for both myself and England (who shouldn't forget to return Drake and his treasure to their hand as well.

With that, I'll edit the card draws on ACTS and set us up for the next turn.

It is very important that you note that there are several army/navy leaders entering the game this turn.  Please remember that they must be placed some time in spring deployment.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

Unfortunately, Garbon held a treasure in his hand.  He needs to discard that to the treasure pool.  I'll send a file so he can do that.

-J. R. R. Tolkien