Main Menu

Virgin Queen PBEM Recruitment

Started by Habbaku, May 09, 2012, 12:14:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: Habbaku on June 14, 2012, 02:00:53 PM
Quote from: Drakken on June 14, 2012, 01:54:27 PM
Quote from: Habbaku on June 14, 2012, 01:53:26 PM
You don't even have to state that you're giving him the mercenaries in exchange for a card.  He isn't giving the card to you, after all, but plans on playing it as event, right?

All you have to do is announce you're giving him the mercenaries.

No, he is giving me the card.

He cannot grant you a specific card.  All cards granted during diplomacy are random.

To clear up confusion here, I got the Taxi Family Couriers and much like you and I did, I've told him that I'll grant him a card.  Unlike with you though, he decided to make this public. :D
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Berkut

Quote from: garbon on June 14, 2012, 02:00:31 PM
Quote from: Drakken on June 14, 2012, 01:56:58 PM
I thought every sensitive part had to me announced in the diplo resolution phase (and cards being given/exchanged would count as one), and so what was the deal for my mercenaries.

Check the rules for diplo. My part of the deal doesn't need announcing as you've entered into what is essentially a gentleman's agreement. Only bits that change game state are announced (so you have to announce that mercs were given to me).

Now don't worry, I've every intention of honoring my part of the bargain! :)

That is great, but can you announce the rest of diplo so we can continue?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Drakken

Allright, then

HRE offers 4 Mercs to the Protestants.

Habbaku

This is going to end up a pretty good turn for the Protestants and the Spanish.  I don't think everyone realizes how brittle the French position is.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Drakken

Quote from: garbon on June 14, 2012, 02:02:12 PM
To clear up confusion here, I got the Taxi Family Couriers and much like you and I did, I've told him that I'll grant him a card.  Unlike with you though, he decided to make this public. :D

In all fairness, I thought it was mandatory for me to reveal what the deal was, in exchange of my mercenaries, because it does add troops on the map.

garbon

Protties accept Spanish deal. 1 dutch regular displaced to Antwerp.

Also we accept the mercs from HRE. Placing all 4 in Rouen.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: Habbaku on June 14, 2012, 02:04:13 PM
This is going to end up a pretty good turn for the Protestants and the Spanish.  I don't think everyone realizes how brittle the French position is.

:rolleyes:

I just sacrificed 3 VP and have had horrible luck converting France to Protestant.

Habbaku

:rolleyes:  You haven't had "horrible luck" converting France to Protestant.  I've been throwing a pile of CPs into it to prevent just that from happening.

Spain, meanwhile, has let you run riot in the Netherlands.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

Next up is ransom, then wars.

Garbon, do you wish to ransom Coligny?

Tamas, any wars to declare?

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Tamas

garbon

No, Coligny can continue to sit safely in French captivity.

Berkut

Spain will spend a 3CP treasure to declare war on our friends and allies the French.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Habbaku

England?  HRE?

Two wars will be enough for France.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Drakken

Delirium

Just thought I should mention that I am following this thread with great interest. I have not been able to get a proper game in until next Sunday, but we dabbled a bit with the 2 player scenario, and I am playing it solitaire right now just having started turn 3. The game is strangely intriguing and there does seem to be many more ways to be successful here than in HIS. Having said that I think VQ is underdeveloped - the rules are not near the quality of HIS and the players aides suffer from omissions. But that is just my opinion of course.

So, who is winning?
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan