Started by Habbaku, May 09, 2012, 12:14:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drakken

Quote from: Tamas on May 27, 2012, 04:13:32 AM
I was talking shit, relax  :D

Come on, Tamas, when I bellow, bellow back!  :lol:

Habbaku

When i bellow, you whine about being a burden.  :hmm:
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Drakken

Quote from: Habbaku on May 27, 2012, 09:59:03 AM
When i bellow, you whine about being a burden.  :hmm:

Posturing in-game is not the same as annoying you with my newbie questions. The former's more fun.

Berkut

Drakken, the rule against in turn private negotiations does not apply to rules questions.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Berkut

Playing 2 CP card.

1/2: Attack the pirates.

0 rows returned

Berkut

Spain: Die roll request

Request: 6-sided die x 2

Message from Spain:
Potential evasion roll.

Evasion fails, Tamas to resolve fight, no CCs from me.

0 rows returned

Tamas

5 Spanish hits against 6 Ottoman ones in the historically huge naval battle. But is this the end of the battle?

Berkut

Spanish superior naval technology nets them 2 more hits. We win.

But lets focus on what is important, keeping Spanish troops out of the Netherlands.

0 rows returned

Tamas

Quote from: Berkut on May 27, 2012, 10:46:29 AM
Spanish superior naval technology nets them 2 more hits. We win.

But lets focus on what is important, keeping Spanish troops out of the Netherlands.

I wouldn't be that proud of a win by a single hit :P

I haven't kept a single Spanish soldiers out of the Netherlands. I kept 2 out of Malta. Don't blame me for burning your OPS on a pointless naval standoff instead of shipping troops to massacre the Dutch :P

Berkut

I think I know better than you were I intended to place troops. All three were going to the Netherlans. Malta would not have gotten a single troop - much easier to get troops to Malta than Netherlands, and Malta is going to live or die based on the naval battle anyway.

Which is obvious if you take a deeper look at the game beyond "5 beets better than 4 beets! ZOMG!"

0 rows returned

Berkut

Plus I told you I would build all three troops in the Netherlands before you made your brilliant choice.

0 rows returned

Tamas

Quote from: Berkut on May 27, 2012, 10:53:42 AM
I think I know better than you were I intended to place troops. All three were going to the Netherlans. Malta would not have gotten a single troop - much easier to get troops to Malta than Netherlands, and Malta is going to live or die based on the naval battle anyway.

Which is obvious if you take a deeper look at the game beyond "5 beets better than 4 beets! ZOMG!"

Your view is restricted by two things:
1) you failed to grasp that I might have other resources or plans than what you assumed
2) that a wrongly remembered rule or two made me overestimate my resources :P

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Tamas

It's your turn Habs. Spain spent the 2nd CP courting the Venetians. As if.

Tamas

I mean, it is ulmont's turn. I need some sleep.