News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Virgin Queen PBEM Recruitment

Started by Habbaku, May 09, 2012, 12:14:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habbaku

The real question is why Tamas passed up 4 easy piracy rolls twice in a row...And now he'll never have the opportunity.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Berkut

I played one of the cards Tamas didn't force me to discard to attack his pirates.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Berkut

They all sank.

But more importantly, Tamas successfully kept me from building troops in the Netherlands.

0 rows returned

Tamas

Berkut

0 rows returned

Habbaku

Ulmont doesn't like posting here, I guess.

He made a failed sally against Edinburgh and sent a colony to Roanoke.  I'm sure it will be prosperous.

QuoteSultan's Harem for 5 CPs :

1/5 - Send Villegaignon out with a colony (free, per his ability) to the Guinea Coast.
2-5/5 - Patronize de L'Orne Architect.

Off to Drakken.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

katmai

Quote from: Habbaku on May 25, 2012, 03:26:43 PM

:huh:

He posted his actions this morning.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Habbaku

He didn't post his latest action.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

Shockingly, this game is actually going pretty quickly now that we've started...

-J. R. R. Tolkien

ulmont

Quote from: Habbaku on May 25, 2012, 03:26:43 PM

He made a failed sally against Edinburgh and sent a colony to Roanoke.  I'm sure it will be prosperous.

Not when Languish is down, no.  And yes, I'm sure Virginia Dare will be born any minute!

Drakken

The Reich's Reichsministerium für Volksaufklärung und Propaganda assures the Sultan than the Empire levies troops in Agram only to guard a minor position of no importance in the East against dangerous heretics attempting to enter the Reich by the Dalmatian coast. The proximity of troops to the Ottomans' frontier is pure coincidence.

Tamas

Very dissappointing, Emperor. We have left an unguarded border with you to showcase our dedication to peace and harmony, and you fortify yours.

BTW a rules question: while pondering how to most effectively send the Spanish galley fleet underwater, I was thinking: can Berkut actually disband his fleets, or he is stuck with a Mediterranean fleet while France and England rapes his Atlantic holdings?

Tamas

By all chance I will not be around until you 'merricans go to sleep again, so I have left my next impulse, and instructions for Berkut's with garbon, he should be able to pilot the Ottomans through both, unless Berkut pulls something really funky.

Drakken

Quote from: Tamas on May 26, 2012, 02:51:41 AM
Very dissappointing, Emperor. We have left an unguarded border with you to showcase our dedication to peace and harmony, and you fortify yours.

Nowhere have we discussed with the Sultan's emissaries about leaving unguarded borders as a token of goodwill.

If the Sultan wishes to send his Vizir in an embassy to discuss about this, though, he is free to do so in due time.

Solmyr