Virgin Queen PBEM Recruitment

Started by Habbaku, May 09, 2012, 12:14:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

I am sure it's fine. Go ahead.

ulmont

Quote from: Tamas on May 25, 2012, 08:22:29 AM
I am sure it's fine. Go ahead.

Done.  Expedition launched with colony; siege commenced in Edinburgh.

Drakken

I have Ruler Falls Ill and I am willing to use it - or not - for a price. Any interest, Berkut?

Auctions are open.  :sleep:

Berkut

Sure, I am interested. Our mutual enemy Tamas would be an excellent target for a nice skipped impulse.

I already owe you a card though...

Tell you what, in return for its play I will give you either a card draw or a treasure draw from my hand next turn, my choice which.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Tamas

Two things:

first, going by Berkut's previous reasoning, the Protestants will be free to roam this turn. Slow them down with the card.

Second, the last thing you need is granting an enemy-free impulse for the guy with the biggest VP.

garbon

I don't know what Ruler Falls Ill is.

Also, thanks Tampax. Free to roam? I have 1 VP.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Berkut

Ruler Fall Ill

You can force another player to randomly discard from their hand

or

Choose an enemy leader - they return to their capital, and the power chosen must skip their next impulse.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

garbon

Quote from: Berkut on May 25, 2012, 09:51:40 AM
Ruler Fall Ill

You can force another player to randomly discard from their hand

or

Choose an enemy leader - they return to their capital, and the power chosen must skip their next impulse.

Thanks. They block here too that card manifest that Solmyr found.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Habbaku

Yeah, I was halfway to bed when I typed Garbon was up, but you lot figured it out.

QuoteFrance: Play Card as Event
#29: 2 / Muscovy Company

Message from France:

Place a "+1 Card" marker on your power card. You draw 1 extra card next turn (representing new revenues from trade with Muscovy). If played by England, place an additional +1 Card marker on the Turn Track on the turn two turns from the current one. England receives an extra card two turns in a row

We shall trade with the Russians.  Off to Drakken.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Drakken

Rule question: Units bought during an impulse are placed immediately in the capital, or later in the turn?

Habbaku

Quote from: Drakken on May 25, 2012, 10:24:03 AM
Rule question: Units bought during an impulse are placed immediately in the capital, or later in the turn?

Answered already, but for those watching at home...

All troops raised during an impulse are raised immediately in any home space.  They don't have to go to the capital.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Tamas

immediately, but important thing: you can build units in all your home spaces not just the capital

edit: oops a few seconds too late

Tamas

Playing my Home Card Grand Vizier, placing 3 galleys and 1 regular to Coron

Drakken

Quote from: Tamas on May 25, 2012, 02:26:07 PM

immediately, but important thing: you can build units in all your home spaces not just the capital

edit: oops a few seconds too late

Thought from the reply that it was only in Capital space. It's okey, the threat's more dangerous than the execution.

Is there a hard limit of troops you can recruit in a Turn? Is there a hard limit a Power may have, ever?

Habbaku

No limit on what you can recruit per turn.  The only limit on how many you can ever have is based on your force-pool in the CB.

-J. R. R. Tolkien