News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Virgin Queen PBEM Recruitment

Started by Habbaku, May 09, 2012, 12:14:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ulmont

Quote from: Tamas on May 27, 2012, 11:13:20 AM
I mean, it is ulmont's turn. I need some sleep.

Edinburgh finally falls to the English, and the English raise a spare merc and squadron.  Over to France.

Berkut

Quote from: Tamas on May 27, 2012, 10:58:00 AM
Quote from: Berkut on May 27, 2012, 10:53:42 AM
I think I know better than you were I intended to place troops. All three were going to the Netherlans. Malta would not have gotten a single troop - much easier to get troops to Malta than Netherlands, and Malta is going to live or die based on the naval battle anyway.

Which is obvious if you take a deeper look at the game beyond "5 beets better than 4 beets! ZOMG!"

Your view is restricted by two things:
1) you failed to grasp that I might have other resources or plans than what you assumed

Oh right, sure that is a good point.

So tell me, what is this "other" plan or resource that made it make sense to use your own resources to force me to discard the only card in my hand that you could be certain would NOT be used against you?

I'll wait.

This should be good, some awesome card in the deck that allows the Ottomans to do something, but only if there are few Spanish troops in the Netherlands! Should be pretty cool...

2) that a wrongly remembered rule or two made me overestimate my resources :P

Right, because if you had more resources, then clearly making me throw out a card that won't be used against you becomes a well considered play.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Tamas

:lol: it's awesome I force you to recalculate your plans at the start of your turn and you can't stop moaning about it. :P

You thought you would have an easier time with the Dutch than intended by default. It didn't come to pass. Move on.

Habbaku

My play will be my home card to place the Wedding Festivities marker and to pock up Grand Tour from the discard pile.

Will do a file and resolve on ACTS in a couple of hours, but otherwise Drakken is good to proceed.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Drakken

2/3 - Build 1 Regular in Szigetvar. Merged the units together for a 2Reg counter.
3/3 - Buy 1 Influence in Venice.

Berkut

Quote from: Tamas on May 27, 2012, 11:41:49 AM
:lol: it's awesome I force you to recalculate your plans at the start of your turn and you can't stop moaning about it. :P

You thought you would have an easier time with the Dutch than intended by default. It didn't come to pass. Move on.

Oh no, I love ribbing you about starting the game with the dumbest play possible. Why in the world would I move on when it so clearly bothers you and you know I am right?

But please, I am still waiting to hear about your brilliant plan that was dependent on keeping Spanish troops out of the Netherlands...

0 rows returned

Berkut

So Tamas screwed up the naval battle, of course.

He rolled 2 too many dice for the Spanish. Which means the initial outcome would be 6-4, not 6-5, and I certainly would not have used my CC since the odds of three hits are rather long.

We should probably back up since that makes a pretty big difference.

0 rows returned

ulmont

Quote from: Berkut on May 27, 2012, 12:25:34 PM

My play - and probably the French and subsequent HRE play - is unchanged, so go for it.

Drakken

Quote from: ulmont on May 27, 2012, 12:35:35 PM
Quote from: Berkut on May 27, 2012, 12:25:34 PM

My play - and probably the French and subsequent HRE play - is unchanged, so go for it.

My play would totally be unchanged. You may adjust from my latest game turn file and send it to Garbon for his play.

Habbaku

I guess when beets aren't the item being counted...

French play is unaffected, of course.

Barring any change to Spanish play, Garbontron is up.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Tamas

Cut that beet crap, it's really old :P

I am fine with leaving the result as is, it is bad for me but I screwed up, so be it.

Tamas

Meh, I see Berkut already corrected it. Thanks Berk.

Tamas

Anyways, just in case anybody lost track of things, it is garbon's turn.

Berkut

Quote from: Tamas on May 27, 2012, 12:43:38 PM
Cut that beet crap, it's really old :P

I am fine with leaving the result as is, it is bad for me but I screwed up, so be it.

Nah, we fix mistakes like that when we can.

You took your shot, for the dice you needed, you deserve the shot at Tunis.

0 rows returned

Habbaku

Quote from: ulmont on May 27, 2012, 11:25:15 AM
Quote from: Tamas on May 27, 2012, 11:13:20 AM
I mean, it is ulmont's turn. I need some sleep.

Edinburgh finally falls to the English, and the English raise a spare merc and squadron.  Over to France.

At a map again, so can correct Ulmont's move.  Last I checked, there was no two-for-one sale on mercenaries.  2 CPs to raise a galleon, 2 CPs to raise mercenaries, one to move them = 5...So, assuming that last mercenary isn't raised.

-J. R. R. Tolkien