News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Virgin Queen PBEM Recruitment

Started by Habbaku, May 09, 2012, 12:14:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habbaku

Yes, your home card(s) is just like any other card in that you always have the option as to what to play it for--event or CPs.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Drakken

Nevermind. I have a "scientician" available in my pool.

So turning my Home Card "Patron of Arts and Science" over. I Place Mercator on the 3CP Science Resolution Tab.

I choose the option to draw two cards from the deck, to give one to the power of my choice. Right?

Habbaku

It's an either/or option for your home card, Drakken.  You don't get to select both options.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

katmai

Has our crypto swede even read the rulebook?
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Drakken

Quote from: Habbaku on May 26, 2012, 11:52:07 PM
It's an either/or option for your home card, Drakken.  You don't get to select both options.

Ah okey, I thought the Patronage was mandatory, and I had to choose one type of card draw.

Okey, I'll draw two cards, and give one card to the power of my choice. No patronage.

The power I choose pick one at random, or I can give one particular card to that power?

Drakken

Quote from: katmai on May 26, 2012, 11:54:55 PM

What's written on the card was unclear.

If they think I'm that bad, they can vote to boot me.

katmai

Don't mind me Drakken, i'm just the peanut gallery.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Habbaku

Quote from: katmai on May 26, 2012, 11:54:55 PM

Starting to wonder about that...

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

Quote from: Drakken on May 26, 2012, 11:55:13 PM
The power I choose pick one at random, or I can give one particular card to that power?

It's your choice which card to give.  If a card draw is random, it will say it is random.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Drakken

Quote from: Habbaku on May 27, 2012, 12:00:03 AM
Starting to wonder about that...

Even if we were at a table after reading the rules, I'd still ask beginner questions. I don't like it either to be the total newb here. :mad:

Anyway, I'm done for this impulse. Two cards drawn, and one card from my hand was handed to Spain.

BTW Berkut, I still expect to get paid. You'll understand why.

Off to the Protestants.

garbon

Preached Sermon in Netherlands. Utrecht, Maastricht and Arnhem convert. Unrest in Maastricht.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Tamas

Quote from: Berkut on May 26, 2012, 04:41:26 PM
Quote from: Tamas on May 26, 2012, 02:51:41 AM
while pondering how to most effectively send the Spanish galley fleet underwater,...

Critical to this is to make sure I don't build any troops in the Netherlands. That is the key to this strategy, so you are doing very well.

You could ship troops there, as it would be your duty, you are just slacking off and making silly excuses :P

Tamas

Playing my other home card for 5 CPs

1/5: naval move, 5 galleys and Piyale Pasha move to North African coast.

Now Berkut has an option regarding interception since he has a -1 modifier if taking along his ocean-going ships. So I must wait for him before proceeding

Tamas

Quote from: Drakken on May 26, 2012, 08:35:30 AM
Quote from: Tamas on May 26, 2012, 02:51:41 AM
Very dissappointing, Emperor. We have left an unguarded border with you to showcase our dedication to peace and harmony, and you fortify yours.

Nowhere have we discussed with the Sultan's emissaries about leaving unguarded borders as a token of goodwill.

If the Sultan wishes to send his Vizir in an embassy to discuss about this, though, he is free to do so in due time.

I was talking shit, relax  :D

Tamas

Ottoman: Message
Interception failed, so:

4/5: naval transport Sokolku and 5 regulars from Choron to Tunis, starting a siege
5/5: naval move, lone galley from Ionian Sea to North African Coast

Yeah, it is sort of a give-up move.

Berkut is up.