News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Virgin Queen PBEM Recruitment

Started by Habbaku, May 09, 2012, 12:14:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habbaku

Quote from: Tamas on May 26, 2012, 02:51:41 AM
BTW a rules question: while pondering how to most effectively send the Spanish galley fleet underwater, I was thinking: can Berkut actually disband his fleets, or he is stuck with a Mediterranean fleet while France and England rapes his Atlantic holdings?

Why would he be 'stuck' with that fleet?  He can always move it into the Atlantic via Gibraltar.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Solmyr

For some reason I don't see Virgin Queen as an available game in ACTS. Am I doing something wrong? Just wanted to observe this game.

If you can add me to the game, my nick is Solmyr.

garbon

Hey kids I'm at the beach. Will check back in later today.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Habbaku

Quote from: Solmyr on May 26, 2012, 12:57:23 PM
For some reason I don't see Virgin Queen as an available game in ACTS. Am I doing something wrong? Just wanted to observe this game.

If you can add me to the game, my nick is Solmyr.

It's in the custom module section.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Solmyr

Berkut

Quote from: Tamas on May 26, 2012, 02:51:41 AM
while pondering how to most effectively send the Spanish galley fleet underwater,...

Critical to this is to make sure I don't build any troops in the Netherlands. That is the key to this strategy, so you are doing very well.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

garbon

Finally got a chance to check email and see it is on me. Play coming soon! :blush:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Sermon preached in Netherlands. 's-Hertogenbosch, Flushing and Mons converted. Unrest in Flushing.

Not sure if anything else needs updating in ACTS after my move. Also would it be possible to have a screenshot of the current game state? Won't have Cb access till Monday.

Habbaku

Sent a file out with Garbon's move.  Off to Tamas.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

-J. R. R. Tolkien

ulmont

Tamas said garbon had his move instructions?

garbon

I do.

"2 / Taxis Family Couriers for OPS:

1/2: move all ships and Piyale Pasha to Aegean Sea 2/2: move all ships and Piyale Pasha to Ionian Sea"

ulmont

Quote from: garbon on May 26, 2012, 05:46:23 PM
I do.

"2 / Taxis Family Couriers for OPS:

1/2: move all ships and Piyale Pasha to Aegean Sea 2/2: move all ships and Piyale Pasha to Ionian Sea"

Send that through ACTS so Berkut can ignore it like all the other games he's up in.

Berkut

Played home card for 5 CPs.

Built a galleon, moved it to Barbary Coast.

Place 1 influence each in Papacy and Venice.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

ulmont

Resolved the papacy.  In spite of Spanish bribes, the HRE won.  Drakken up to choose from a number of options and then I have 2 cps to go.