News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Languish's church attendence

Started by Lettow77, May 06, 2012, 05:41:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How often do you attend some religious service?

Weekly
4 (5.4%)
At least once a month
5 (6.8%)
For special occasions, i.e Easter
13 (17.6%)
No church attendance
48 (64.9%)
Jaron will be sustained by the Quorum of Twelve
4 (5.4%)

Total Members Voted: 72

Sheilbh

Quote from: Valmy on May 07, 2012, 12:30:47 PMOne of the most hilarious bits of internal church political squabling in the US is the Angli...er...Episcopal congregations bickering over the Prayer Book.  Practically every version of the thing has a cult around it.  I think the most recent one is from the 80s.
I think it's the same here, lots of meanings is attached to which type is used.  It's too obscure for someone like me.

I like the 1662 one though.  The language has rhythm and weight, 'it is very meet, right and our bounden duty, that we should at all times, and in all places, give thanks unto thee....'  I love that 'bounden duty'.
Let's bomb Russia!

Brazen

I only attend for hatch, match and dispatch,  and only when there's decent wine afterwards.

Crazy_Ivan80

nope, waste of time.
if for a second we assume there's a lifeform we can classify as a god then he or she will nkow his/her own when the time comes.

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: Crazy_Ivan80 on May 07, 2012, 01:23:30 PM
nope, waste of time.
if for a second we assume there's a lifeform we can classify as a god then he or she will nkow his/her own when the time comes.

Yeah if you are going to please God you are really rolling the dice.  There are thousands of religions out there.  Chances are you are going to the wrong one.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Scipio

Wow, I knew you were a bunch of godless heathens, but seriously, this is scary.

I go to church at least twice a week, most weeks.  Vespers every Friday, and Liturgy every Sunday (which service invariably includes two shorter services, so there).
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Grey Fox

Quote from: Scipio on May 07, 2012, 01:38:13 PM

I go to church at least twice a week, most weeks.  Vespers every Friday, and Liturgy every Sunday (which service invariably includes two shorter services, so there).

Now that's scary.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

HVC

I went to a church yesterday for a first commununion. Man it's boring.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

garbon

I went with special occasions as closest though sometimes I go just for the hell of it.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Razgovory

Quote from: Valmy on May 07, 2012, 01:30:59 PM
Quote from: Crazy_Ivan80 on May 07, 2012, 01:23:30 PM
nope, waste of time.

Yeah if you are going to please God you are really rolling the dice.  There are thousands of religions out there.  Chances are you are going to the wrong one.

Einstein was wrong, God does play dice.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Valmy

Quote from: Razgovory on May 07, 2012, 02:06:26 PM

Who is God here me or CI80?

Razgovory

Quote from: Valmy on May 07, 2012, 02:07:18 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on May 07, 2012, 02:06:26 PM

Who is God here me or CI80?

Probably neither one of you.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Valmy

Martinus

Quote from: Grey Fox on May 07, 2012, 01:49:33 PM
Quote from: Scipio on May 07, 2012, 01:38:13 PM

Now that's scary.

Yeah. I don't see why rational thought would be scary. As opposed to insanity of going to a church on a regular basis.

CountDeMoney