Main Menu

RIP Maurice Sendak

Started by Martinus, May 08, 2012, 05:09:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

Rest in peace, you crazy old nut. I loved his Stephen Colbert interview.  :(

Neil

I didn't realize that Sendak was gay.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

CountDeMoney

Nice tribute on Colbert tonight.  Showed some more hilarious footage from the interview that didn't make the broadcast the first time around.

Martinus

Quote from: Neil on May 08, 2012, 06:07:55 PM

The things you don't realize could fill a battleship.

11B4V

Quote from: Martinus on May 09, 2012, 12:53:36 AM

The things you don't realize could fill a battleship Dreadnought.

Fixed it for you.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Neil

Quote from: Martinus on May 09, 2012, 12:53:36 AM

The things you don't realize could fill a battleship.
Naturally.  Even I'm not omniscient, despite being the most intelligent and wise of all Languishites.  We learn something new every day.  For example, today we learn that if you post a thread on it, it's got something to do with faggotry, Polishness or the fake practice of law.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

garbon

Quote from: Neil on May 09, 2012, 07:34:43 AM
For example, today we learn that if you post a thread on it, it's got something to do with faggotry, Polishness or the fake practice of law.

I thought we already knew that. :unsure:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.