News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Languish's church attendence

Started by Lettow77, May 06, 2012, 05:41:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How often do you attend some religious service?

Weekly
4 (5.4%)
At least once a month
5 (6.8%)
For special occasions, i.e Easter
13 (17.6%)
No church attendance
48 (64.9%)
Jaron will be sustained by the Quorum of Twelve
4 (5.4%)

Total Members Voted: 72

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Jaron on May 06, 2012, 08:52:08 PM
I agree with Cal; They like drinks that remind them of Kool Aid - strawberry, orange, grape. The more militant ones may drink chocolate milk to spite white people and their dairy industry.

We'll need to hear from CdM; I fear Cal and I lack the experience on negro culture to speak with the authority that he can.

While it is not uncommon to see the average Dazzling Urbanite with a Sprite out in the wild as far as carbonated beverages go--occasionally, a dominant male will be seen with a Mountain Dew--in their native habitat they are much more accustomed to the flavored juice drinks like Grape and Orange, as it provides a direct, tactile connection from when their mothers would nurse them with Kool-Aid, prior to their tails falling off.

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Valmy

Quote from: Barrister on May 06, 2012, 10:16:40 PM
Unitarians don't count. :contract:

We count to one unlike the three you heretical paganistic trinitarians count to.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

The Brain

Quote from: Barrister on May 06, 2012, 06:26:19 PM
When I do drag my ass to church I invariably feel good about it.

Sadly I rarely do it. :(

Your church lets you do that? :w00t:
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Habsburg

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

11B4V

Quote from: The Brain on May 06, 2012, 11:38:05 PM
Quote from: Barrister on May 06, 2012, 06:26:19 PM
When I do drag my ass to church I invariably feel good about it.

Sadly I rarely do it. :(

Your church lets you do that? :w00t:

Across the carpet?
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

barkdreg

I've been in a church, once or twice.

Habsburg

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 06, 2012, 10:16:25 PM
Quote from: Jaron on May 06, 2012, 08:52:08 PM
I agree with Cal; They like drinks that remind them of Kool Aid - strawberry, orange, grape. The more militant ones may drink chocolate milk to spite white people and their dairy industry.

We'll need to hear from CdM; I fear Cal and I lack the experience on negro culture to speak with the authority that he can.

While it is not uncommon to see the average Dazzling Urbanite with a Sprite out in the wild as far as carbonated beverages go--occasionally, a dominant male will be seen with a Mountain Dew--in their native habitat they are much more accustomed to the flavored juice drinks like Grape and Orange, as it provides a direct, tactile connection from when their mothers would nurse them with Kool-Aid, prior to their tails falling off.

omg.

:lmfao:

Hi Valms.  :frog:

Martinus

Quote from: Jaron on May 06, 2012, 07:35:41 PM
I find Mormon ceremonies interesting. There's no service of any kind. No pastor, no sermon. It's just an hour and a half or so of music and individuals coming up to share their struggles and reaffirm their faith. I rather have enjoyed it, if for nothing else than I enjoy seeing women cry.

"My father is dying and he's a vegetable and its sooooo hard to see the big strong man who used to carry me so weak and waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah...heavenly father, give me strength."

Me inside =  :lmfao:
Me outside =  :)

I'm a wicked man. :(

You should write a book about your experiences in the Mormon land. :D

Josquius

the occasional wedding and christening. Probally just over a hand's worth of times in my life.
██████
██████
██████

jimmy olsen

In the states I like to go twice a month if I can.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Martinus

Quote from: Tyr on May 07, 2012, 02:59:19 AM
the occasional wedding and christening. Probally just over a hand's worth of times in my life.

My friends don't get married or baptize their children (in fact most of them don't have children) so this leaves me with an occassional funeral.

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 06, 2012, 07:54:20 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on May 06, 2012, 07:34:51 PM
I do love a fire and brimstone speech by some old cracker baptist preacher. The younger preachers just don't have it.

A good friend of mine's father passed away recently, and I attended the service for him at your typical older-congregation-inner-city Dazzling Urbanite Baptist church;  I tell you, there may have been a dead guy in the room, but it was a total blast.  It wasn't a funeral service, it was a celebration.  The usher corp doing their little processional march, the choir singing the relaxer right out of their collective hair, the Minister dropping that bass in his voice while hurtling himself towards the crescendo.  There's a certain hypnotic cadence and rhythm to it, you just can't help but groove to it. 

And the hats....girl, do the ladies break out their hats.

I'm tell you all, seriously:  if you ever feel down and out in life, man, you go sit in on an old-school black Baptist church service (avoid the AME ones though, they don't count).  It is, quite frankly, invigorating in every sense of the word.  And they don't give two shits what color you are, you are all Jesus' chillins.
One of the priests in my home parish had gone to a couple of those services, and hoped to introduce  a few aspects to his Mass services, just to put a little life into things, which could get deathly still.  No luck.
PDH!

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on May 07, 2012, 05:19:43 AM
One of the priests in my home parish had gone to a couple of those services, and hoped to introduce  a few aspects to his Mass services, just to put a little life into things, which could get deathly still.  No luck.

Sort of reminds me of the early/mid 1970's, when my parents tried to take us to a more "progressive" service our church was trying to introduce, something aimed at the young people to see if we would like it.
I don't remember much except guitars, tambourines, the singing and my father saying, "What the hell is this bullshit?"