News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Languish Obama Approval Poll

Started by derspiess, April 19, 2012, 11:42:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you approve or disapprove of the job Obama has done thus far in his presidency?

Approve
35 (56.5%)
Disapprove
19 (30.6%)
Jaronove
8 (12.9%)

Total Members Voted: 61

derspiess

I know we had a similar poll that compared Obama to the oh-so-high benchmark of the Bush presidency, but I figured it'd be interesting to have a straight-up approval or disapproval poll on the job he's done thus far.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Kleves

My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

Viking

Quote from: derspiess on April 19, 2012, 11:42:59 AM
I know we had a similar poll that compared Obama to the oh-so-high benchmark of the Bush presidency, but I figured it'd be interesting to have a straight-up approval or disapproval poll on the job he's done thus far.

Do you remember the results of that poll?
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

DGuller

Approval rate can be misleading.  You can disapprove Obama's performance while never contemplating anything but voting for him again in 2012.  I certainly think that Obama mishandled the Republican insanity unleashed on him, and failed to use it against them.  That made us all worse off, because his failure enabled the most destructive elements of our political system.

derspiess

Quote from: Viking on April 19, 2012, 11:49:33 AM

I don't care about that poll ;)
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Quote from: DGuller on April 19, 2012, 11:53:05 AM
Approval rate can be misleading.  You can disapprove Obama's performance while never contemplating anything but voting for him again in 2012.  I certainly think that Obama mishandled the Republican insanity unleashed on him, and failed to use it against them.  That made us all worse off, because his failure enabled the most destructive elements of our political system.

I'm not trying to infer electability (is that a word?).  I just want to know what Languish thinks in terms of simple approval or disapproval.  I have my own expectations as to the results & I'd like to see how that shakes out.

Viking

Quote from: derspiess on April 19, 2012, 12:29:52 PM
Quote from: Viking on April 19, 2012, 11:49:33 AM

I don't care about that poll ;)

Not very flattering to "W" I take it.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Tamas

Quote from: DGuller on April 19, 2012, 11:53:05 AM

That's how it looks to me from the outside as well.

derspiess

Quote from: Viking on April 19, 2012, 12:32:23 PM

I guess not, but Dubya is irrelevant to what I want to find out here..

HVC

He was left a pretty bad situation and did alright, especially considering all the roadblocks put up by the opposition. This dirty foreigner approves.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Martinus

Obama may suck, but Romney is a monster.

Grallon

Not as good as we wanted him to be but far better than what the Republicans had to offer.  Can you imagine Caribou barbie in the White house as Vice President to a senile McCain! *shudder*

The current crop of Republicans is even more unhinged.

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Razgovory

Quote from: derspiess on April 19, 2012, 12:42:40 PM
Quote from: Viking on April 19, 2012, 12:32:23 PM

I guess not, but Dubya is irrelevant to what I want to find out here..

What did you want to find out?  That the board heavily frequented by foreigners would approve of Obama when over a candidate who's party is deeply out of synch with the rest of the industrialized world?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Valmy

Disapprove.  Big time.  Can hardly stand to look at the guy these days.  But most of the things I disapprove of the Republicans will also do so it does not really matter much.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."