News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Languish Obama Approval Poll

Started by derspiess, April 19, 2012, 11:42:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you approve or disapprove of the job Obama has done thus far in his presidency?

Approve
35 (56.5%)
Disapprove
19 (30.6%)
Jaronove
8 (12.9%)

Total Members Voted: 61

Zoupa

Viking

Quote from: derspiess on April 25, 2012, 11:45:32 AM

That was painful to watch.

Gotta go with derpie there, it was painful to watch. I know there were alot of students watching but the pandering to them by obama was pretty shameless.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Zoupa

God forbid the man actually believes in something right?

It's all about pandering and the lust for power. Right.

sbr

It's only pandering if you don't agree with the issue he is advocating for.

Valmy

Quote from: sbr on April 26, 2012, 08:09:53 AM

Huh?  Politicians have said tons of stuff I agree with when they were pandering.  What does that have to do with it?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Viking

I agree with him on the issue and I think it is pandering. Helping students of marginal means fund their education is good for everybody.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

CountDeMoney

He's just reaching out to his demographic.  Sorta like Mittens stumping the Carmel Yacht Club.  No biggie.

derspiess

Quote from: Zoupa on April 26, 2012, 04:13:55 AM
It's all about pandering and the lust for power. Right.

This pretty much sums up presidential politics.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Quote from: Viking on April 26, 2012, 08:17:58 AM

I agree with him on the issue and I think it is pandering. Helping students of marginal means fund their education is good for everybody.

That's not exactly the issue though.  And the funny thing is that Republicans are on board with freezing the student loan interest rate, as long as it's paid for by an offset somewhere else.

Odd that Obama neglects to offer any suggestions as to where the money will come from.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

jimmy olsen

I hate this question, it's far too sweeping in nature. I approve of some things he does, disapprove of some others.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

garbon

Quote from: jimmy olsen on April 26, 2012, 09:31:56 AM
I hate this question, it's far too sweeping in nature. I approve of some things he does, disapprove of some others.
Approval ratings are pretty standard. :huh:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."<br /><br />I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Sheilbh

Quote from: garbon on April 26, 2012, 09:53:42 AM
And by their nature involve the weighing up of things you approve and disapprove of :huh:
Let's bomb Russia!

garbon

Quote from: Sheilbh on April 26, 2012, 09:56:36 AM
And by their nature involve the weighing up of things you approve and disapprove of :huh:

Seems an odd thing to hate.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."<br /><br />I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

derspiess

Quote from: Sheilbh on April 26, 2012, 09:56:36 AM

And if you don't see any appreciable difference between the two, you simply answer "neither" (Jaronove).  The whole thing isn't really that complicated.

Berkut

But what if I approve of some things, and disapprove of other, but some of the things I approve of I only mildly approve of, but some of the things I don't approve of I really don't approve of, while still other things that I may approve or disapprove of strongly aren't really that important?

How do I balance my mild approval of his handling of Libya with my strong disapproval of his choice in ties?

And how does my approval of his historical actions fit into my opinion about his current actions? Should I weigh his decimation of dogs as youth more or less than his friendship with America hating religious fanatics?

The poll clearly needs a lot more options. Like 60 more.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned