News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Diablo 3

Started by Scipio, March 30, 2012, 07:45:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

FunkMonk

Seems the Euro servers suck. The only time I've ever had trouble logging in on the US servers was release day.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/status :)
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Pedrito

Is there the damn blue gem in the chat window? If there is, I'll buy the game.

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

Scipio

Query: anyone got a preference between the classes?  Monk seems dead easy.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Grey Fox

Quote from: Pedrito on May 20, 2012, 04:28:50 PM

L.

I don't know what this means. Yes.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

FunkMonk

Quote from: Grey Fox on May 20, 2012, 06:30:19 PM
Quote from: Pedrito on May 20, 2012, 04:28:50 PM

L.

I don't know what this means. Yes.

I may be wrong but I think he's referring to the clickable gem in in the old Diablo2 Battle.net interface...?
No, it's not there.  :(

If anyone is playing on the US servers, I have a level 31 Barbarian sitting at the start of Nightmare mode if anyone wants to co-op.

Drakken

I love the Demon Hunter's secondary attack that allows to transform the crossbow into the submachine gun.  :sleep:

Iormlund

Damn, the first mini-boss in Act IV Nightmare was ... interesting. I wiped quite a few times before finding the right strat. Also, I get the impression that my 12k HP don't cut it anymore.

FunkMonk

I just fought him in Nightmare too. We wiped to the guy once and for the second try I ended up just planting a Hydra and running around flashing Frost Nova and Mirror to get away from the mobs and waited till my Hydra and my partner killed him.

Iormlund

Yeah I did much of the same, except I was alone and used Blizzard as well. My monk friend suffered a bit more, he ended up using Sanctuary + Reap What is Sown to kill the little bastards with their own attacks.

Ancient Demon

Quote from: Iormlund on May 21, 2012, 07:23:52 PM
Damn, the first mini-boss in Act IV Nightmare was ... interesting. I wiped quite a few times before finding the right strat. Also, I get the impression that my 12k HP don't cut it anymore.

Are you talking about Izual? He was hard, and I've only played normal so far.
Ancient Demon, formerly known as Zagys.

Kleves

Just beat it on Normal with a monk. I didn't think it was too tough. I think I died twice in Act III within about five minutes (against normal mobs - those guys with the long arms and poison are a pain in the ass), but not once the entire rest of the game.

So I have to beat the game with each individual hero before I can play with them on Nightmare? That's lame.
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

FunkMonk

Once you beat the game once with any character you'll be able to play on Nightmare difficulty. There might be a level 30 prerequisite though, not sure. I beat Nightmare at level 49 but wasn't able to progress to Hell until I made it to 50.

Iormlund

Quote from: Ancient Demon on May 22, 2012, 12:31:58 AM
Quote from: Iormlund on May 21, 2012, 07:23:52 PM

Are you talking about Izual? He was hard, and I've only played normal so far.

Nopes. Iskatu. Spawns a crapload of adds.