News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Diablo 3

Started by Scipio, March 30, 2012, 07:45:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Iormlund

Quote from: FunkMonk on May 19, 2012, 01:26:56 PM
I'm quite happy with what I have on my 35 wizard at the moment. 4.2k HP with 1.28k dps while buffed.  :showoff:

Damn, you must be very lucky with drops to manage that. Half of what I roll are quivers and crossbows. The other half, strength items. Often both. :P

Jaron

Does Deckard Cain give anyone else a bit of a Catherine Hepburn vibe?
Winner of THE grumbler point.

FunkMonk

Quote from: Iormlund on May 19, 2012, 11:24:29 PM
Quote from: FunkMonk on May 19, 2012, 01:26:56 PM
I'm quite happy with what I have on my 35 wizard at the moment. 4.2k HP with 1.28k dps while buffed.  :showoff:

Damn, you must be very lucky with drops to manage that. Half of what I roll are quivers and crossbows. The other half, strength items. Often both. :P

Yeah, I got amazingly lucky with a rare drop that, coupled with a flawless ruby, doubled my DPS from ~600 to ~1200 with amazing bonuses to three stats and decent attack speed. And it's a friggin bow  :lol:

That said, I'm 40 now and have gone a similar route you have, eschewing damage for survivability. I'm running this now (I've fallen in love with Hydra like you): http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#biQPRO!abX!ZbZZZa I only do ~900 DPS now, with 6.3k HP.

Really fun build for co-op in which I put down a Hydra, my partner (a Monk) runs interference, I sit back and blast Disintegrate. If a mob comes at me I hit Mirror Image, run or Teleport away and continue. With Energy Armor I get my Armor up to 43% reduction (not including Blur's 20% reduction to melee hits), so I'm approaching Wizard tank status   :cool:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

The Brain

LOL battlenet is down Blizzfail.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Iormlund

Quote from: FunkMonk on May 20, 2012, 12:39:39 AM
Yeah, I got amazingly lucky with a rare drop that, coupled with a flawless ruby, doubled my DPS from ~600 to ~1200 with amazing bonuses to three stats and decent attack speed. And it's a friggin bow  :lol:

That said, I'm 40 now and have gone a similar route you have, eschewing damage for survivability. I'm running this now (I've fallen in love with Hydra like you): http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#biQPRO!abX!ZbZZZa I only do ~900 DPS now, with 6.3k HP.

Really fun build for co-op in which I put down a Hydra, my partner (a Monk) runs interference, I sit back and blast Disintegrate. If a mob comes at me I hit Mirror Image, run or Teleport away and continue. With Energy Armor I get my Armor up to 43% reduction (not including Blur's 20% reduction to melee hits), so I'm approaching Wizard tank status   :cool:

I tried a similar build once, though maybe not as much as I should have. Any reason why you aren't using the Illusionist passive with it?

A friend of mine got a stupidly high DPS blue staff last night, so I'm now at 1100 DPS. I'm missing the high HP on hit and vitality I had before, though, but I still have a nice buffer (8k HP) and channeling Disintegrate or Ray of Frost is nowhere near as costly with a slow, hard hitting weapon.

I love how games get harder the more people you play with. I can breeze through nightmare on my own and have few troubles with my monk friend. But when the four of us are there champion or rare packs often lead to hairy situations unless we properly chain CCs.

Syt

Quote from: The Brain on May 20, 2012, 08:01:12 AM
LOL battlenet is down Blizzfail.

Then play the offline single player. Oh, wait . . .
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

FunkMonk

FunkMonk

Quote from: Iormlund on May 20, 2012, 08:48:52 AM
Quote from: FunkMonk on May 20, 2012, 12:39:39 AM

I tried a similar build once, though maybe not as much as I should have. Any reason why you aren't using the Illusionist passive with it?

I hadn't thought of it until you mentioned it. I'm using it now. :P And I switched out Teleport for Magic Weapon/Force Weapon rune. I like a little more PEWPEW power from my mages.

Iormlund

Yeah I'm more of a control freak. With Nova -> Diamond skin -> Nova -> Wave of Force w/ stun I can chain CC mobs non-stop. And the Prism rune for Diamond Skin allows me to keep spamming Disintegrate and Ray of Frost a a lot more.

Drakken

Well, I surrendered.

Drakken#1141

Solmyr

Iormlund

The Brain

Syt

I bought this game today because from what I read it seemed fun enough and I was willing to give it the benefit of doubt.

First of all, the 7.something GB download took me seven hours, thanks to their peer-to-peer system. It finished around 3pm. On Gamersgate, Steam or on Stardock's sites I usually d/l with to 6-7 MB/s. Then it took about an hour till the installer had verified the files and installed everything.

And since then I've been waiting to be able to log into the game here in Europe.

The last Blizz experience I had was WoW in 2008 (tried the Burning Crusade expansion for WoW but grew bored). The D3 experience so far is unlikely to turn me into a repeat customer anytime soon. But hey, maybe I can play next Sunday (when I play games it's mostly on Sundays these days).
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Brain

Quote from: Syt on May 20, 2012, 01:49:07 PM
I bought this game today because from what I read it seemed fun enough and I was willing to give it the benefit of doubt.

First of all, the 7.something GB download took me seven hours, thanks to their peer-to-peer system. It finished around 3pm. On Gamersgate, Steam or on Stardock's sites I usually d/l with to 6-7 MB/s. Then it took about an hour till the installer had verified the files and installed everything.

And since then I've been waiting to be able to log into the game here in Europe.

The last Blizz experience I had was WoW in 2008 (tried the Burning Crusade expansion for WoW but grew bored). The D3 experience so far is unlikely to turn me into a repeat customer anytime soon. But hey, maybe I can play next Sunday (when I play games it's mostly on Sundays these days).

Sucker.