News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Diablo 3

Started by Scipio, March 30, 2012, 07:45:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Iormlund

Not to mention losing your Nephalem stacks when you get kicked out from Battlenet ... :mad:

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Pedrito

b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

Iormlund

Pedrito

Fuck me.
I caved in.  :glare:

L.
b / h = h / b+h

Zanza

This is probably the last game I bought from Blizzard.

It's fun, a lot.

But the customer service is atrocious. So far I have never been disappointed with a Blizzard game (I played WC 1-3, D 1-3, SC 1-2), but it's not acceptable that they are not willing or able to provide the necessary infrastructure despite using an always online DRM. If they expect me to be online all the time, the same should apply vice versa.

FunkMonk

Yeah, the online-DRM is a punch in the balls for such a great game.  :(

Grey Fox

I think that, even tho D3 is an enormous success so far, this will probably kill Online-only DRM for future games.

If Blizz has trouble doing it, then how can someone smaller do it?

Also, this is probably the last Blizz game I also buy, unless they come out with D4. They never make new IPs & I have no interest in Starcraft & I doubt I'll ever have time to play another MMO.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Malthus

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Pedrito

Leo#1955

I'm rarely available for coop, though.  :(

Level 10 Demon hunter here.

L.
b / h = h / b+h

FunkMonk

Speaking of online-only DRM, I just read the new SimCity will require you to have an internet connection to play singleplayer as well. :bleeding:

Pedrito

This game is the usual drug, every time I see a blue drop I start wagging the tail in anticipation.

Last night I killed the first boss after the sunken temple (the big spider queen) and it dropped three blues and two rares, and I was all
DAFUQ FIVE ITEMS OMG THIS GAME IS SPECTACULAR.

Is it normal that the boss dropped two rares that are good for my class, or is it pure luck? Are there even set items like in Diablo2, the green ones?

BTW, I'm franky very surprised by the fact that I've never suffered error 37 or lag problems till now, the game runs like a breeze (and load times are non existent, too that's verry good).

A question for demon hunters: is it worth to equip two one-hand crossbows? because when I try it I can't see a significant raise in DPS, while if I equip a shield in the off-hand the AC goes up a lot.

L.
b / h = h / b+h

Fate

Quote from: Pedrito on June 05, 2012, 04:13:30 AM
This game is the usual drug, every time I see a blue drop I start wagging the tail in anticipation.

Last night I killed the first boss after the sunken temple (the big spider queen) and it dropped three blues and two rares, and I was all
DAFUQ FIVE ITEMS OMG THIS GAME IS SPECTACULAR.

Is it normal that the boss dropped two rares that are good for my class, or is it pure luck? Are there even set items like in Diablo2, the green ones?
The intention of the game is that you shouldn't have to farm bosses as "end game." In Inferno you go hunting for elite packs with a magic find buff that stacks to 5. Usually you don't get any rares from a scripted boss, so you were lucky.

Set items exist. I have never seen one drop. They might be rarer than legendary items.

Iormlund

When I used two identical 1-handed crossbows my DPS went up by 20% or so. I normally use a two-hander with a quiver instead.

Loot is completely random. 99% of the time what you get is crap. In the end most -- if not all -- of your items will come from the Auction House.

Also, the first time you down a boss you get a couple rares. Without Magic Find or the Nephalem stacks three or so blues are what you can normally expect.

frunk

Quote from: Iormlund on June 05, 2012, 06:42:28 PM
When I used two identical 1-handed crossbows my DPS went up by 20% or so. I normally use a two-hander with a quiver instead.

Loot is completely random. 99% of the time what you get is crap. In the end most -- if not all -- of your items will come from the Auction House.

Also, the first time you down a boss you get a couple rares. Without Magic Find or the Nephalem stacks three or so blues are what you can normally expect.

As far as I can tell this is by design.  Most drops, even from bosses, are for characters 5-10 levels below you.  You can do ok with this at the lower difficulties, but as you go up you need the latest and greatest and it pushes you to the auction house where those who have gone before will equip you.

I don't really get it.  It seems kind of stupid and ruins most of the excitement of loot drops.