News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Diablo 3

Started by Scipio, March 30, 2012, 07:45:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

I like how you can inspect your friends heroes & even see what they look like.

My most played friend has 22h with a level 37 Barbarian.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

The Brain

Quote from: Scipio on May 18, 2012, 06:27:55 AM
Quote from: The Brain on May 18, 2012, 04:06:01 AM
I'm not thrilled with some of the aesthetics choices made by Blizzard. The monk kung fu fighting with a huge shield? The monk carrying his weapon at the ready and then not using it in combat (since he is kung fuing)? Why did he ready his weapon? I also miss a plate armor class.
Monk having Russian accent, coming from Ivgorod, looking like Nipponese Zen Buddhist.

Real Russians are ghastly.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Kleves

Do you have to beat the game before you can up the difficulty?
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Kleves on May 18, 2012, 09:18:44 AM
Do you have to beat the game before you can up the difficulty?

Yes. That is how Diablo works.

Think of it like Wow except it's the same 4 zone over & over.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

katmai

Quote from: Grey Fox on May 18, 2012, 09:52:30 AM

Think of it like Wow except it's the same 4 zone over & over.
:yuk: :zzz
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Kleves

So, it's pretty much never worth it to pick up white items, is it? That's kind of annoying.
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

FunkMonk

Quote from: Iormlund on May 17, 2012, 08:34:37 PM
For some reason the last two acts seem easier than the second.

I do die a lot in boss fights though. I seem to have a special talent that gets me focused once I hit my Archon keybind. :(
I guess I need to stack a lot more vitality and mitigation for 4 player co-op. I do fine on my own.

Yeah Vitality I'd say is the second most important stat after your main stat, especially for soft-skinned wizards. It's a delicate balance between the two, which I like a lot.

Right now I got my Wizard to 30, co-oping with my brother's 30 Monk. He runs interference for me while I nuke everything with Disintegrate (DEATH STAR LOLZ). Everything just melts away.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

FunkMonk

Quote from: Kleves on May 18, 2012, 10:28:03 AM
So, it's pretty much never worth it to pick up white items, is it? That's kind of annoying.

Yeah, just skip white items (except for gems of course). Totally useless after the initial levels and only worth like 3 gold.

This game is pretty easy so far, but I haven't gotten to Nightmare yet. I've looked at some streams of folks who are Inferno now and it looks like the difficulty goes up exponentially. Sometimes they get wiped by just regular mobs and the rare ones are harder than the bosses. :lol:

Iormlund

Quote from: FunkMonk on May 18, 2012, 12:18:38 PM
Quote from: Iormlund on May 17, 2012, 08:34:37 PM
For some reason the last two acts seem easier than the second.

I do die a lot in boss fights though. I seem to have a special talent that gets me focused once I hit my Archon keybind. :(
I guess I need to stack a lot more vitality and mitigation for 4 player co-op. I do fine on my own.

Yeah Vitality I'd say is the second most important stat after your main stat, especially for soft-skinned wizards. It's a delicate balance between the two, which I like a lot.

Right now I got my Wizard to 30, co-oping with my brother's 30 Monk. He runs interference for me while I nuke everything with Disintegrate (DEATH STAR LOLZ). Everything just melts away.

I'm lvl 35 now. I've foregone an increase in DPS for better survivability. So far so good.

I've also returned to my defensive build, plus Hydra (which is a spell I really underestimated): http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#aZYdXR!abW!ZbZaba

I thinking of trying one based on lots of regen and Disintegrate instead, though. It would likely do a lot better against Champion and Rare packs.

Drakken

So, HOTT or NOTT?

FunkMonk

Kleves

BTW my tag is Kleves#1687.

Iormlund

Quote from: FunkMonk on May 19, 2012, 08:14:00 AM
Quote from: Drakken on May 18, 2012, 11:39:35 PM
So, HOTT or NOTT?

I'm enjoying it a lot.  :)

Same here.

I've found that by far the best way to level up in Nightmare is to hunt the Auction House for cheap items with subpar but still decent stats and Gold Find. They'll pay for themselves fairly quickly with the amount of gold drops. I've managed to go from 550 DPS and 1500 HP to 900 DPS and 6k HP spending just 25k gold.

FunkMonk

I'm trying not to use the the auction house much. I've bought a couple perfect gems off it, but not much else other than selling a few items. I think I get more enjoyment out of the game by just farming normally. That said I've only just started nightmare mode, so I'll probably have to buy at least a few items eventually to keep up the progression in hell and inferno.

I'm quite happy with what I have on my 35 wizard at the moment. 4.2k HP with 1.28k dps while buffed.  :showoff:

Kleves

Quote from: The Brain on May 18, 2012, 04:06:01 AM
I'm not thrilled with some of the aesthetics choices made by Blizzard. The monk kung fu fighting with a huge shield? The monk carrying his weapon at the ready and then not using it in combat (since he is kung fuing)? Why did he ready his weapon?
I agree; it's pretty lame to be running all over the map with a huge mace, but then having it disappear in favor of fists when it comes time to fight. And the kicking the bell attack? WTF.