News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Diablo 3

Started by Scipio, March 30, 2012, 07:45:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Iormlund

Having quite a bit of fun with my wizards (one for co-op with friends, the other for solo play).

Multiplayer is very chaotic. With all the WD pets and the spell effects there are moments where I can't see the enemies at all.

Zanza

Played coop a bit further to level 23, now with a demon hunter. I second Iormlund's statement that it can get really confusing when four players cast and the enemies cast as well. The whole screen glows in different colors and its sometimes hard to keep track of the enemy you just had focused.

FunkMonk

Hell, I get confused just soloing with my Barbarian. Level 24 now, breezing through the beginning of Act 3.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Martinus

So how is it? I have a free download with my WoW annual pass, but with my bandwidth, it will probably take two nights to get it all.

Scipio

It's a lot of fun.  They fixed a lot of the stupid from D2:LoD.

It's better than Torchlight, and the skills are easier to understand and more granular.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Grey Fox

It's also never up.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Zanza

I didn't have connection problems in the last two days.

Played coop with friends all the way to killing Diablo on normal.

I am a demon hunter, one of them is a sorcer and one is a barbarian. Some of the time, we also had a fourth friend joining as a monk. The demon hunter is quite fun, although I didn't quite get the point of some of the skills yet. Maybe it's due to my play style.

The Brain

Game is allright, but since there have been so many Diablo clones through the years and several of those have been good it's a bit "meh seen it all before".
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Iormlund

For some reason the last two acts seem easier than the second.

I do die a lot in boss fights though. I seem to have a special talent that gets me focused once I hit my Archon keybind. :(
I guess I need to stack a lot more vitality and mitigation for 4 player co-op. I do fine on my own.

Kleves

How many acts are there?
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

Zanza

There are four acts. I played through the game with my demon hunter in coop in about 18 hours.

Seen

Quote from: Iormlund on May 16, 2012, 06:30:22 PM
Multiplayer is very chaotic. With all the WD pets and the spell effects there are moments where I can't see the enemies at all.

Putting on health bars helps a little bit with that. But only a little.

The Brain

I'm not thrilled with some of the aesthetics choices made by Blizzard. The monk kung fu fighting with a huge shield? The monk carrying his weapon at the ready and then not using it in combat (since he is kung fuing)? Why did he ready his weapon? I also miss a plate armor class.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Scipio

Quote from: The Brain on May 18, 2012, 04:06:01 AM
I'm not thrilled with some of the aesthetics choices made by Blizzard. The monk kung fu fighting with a huge shield? The monk carrying his weapon at the ready and then not using it in combat (since he is kung fuing)? Why did he ready his weapon? I also miss a plate armor class.
Monk having Russian accent, coming from Ivgorod, looking like Nipponese Zen Buddhist.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt