2012 US Presidential Election Megathread!

Started by jimmy olsen, March 21, 2012, 12:55:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Viking

Quote from: Razgovory on March 21, 2012, 03:15:31 AM
Quote from: 11B4V on March 21, 2012, 03:10:36 AM
What the fuck is up with the sweaters? :lol:

It's like Ned Flander's creepy Catholic brother.

Mitt Romney should hire you to compose zingers for him. That one is good.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

HisMajestyBOB

Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Viking on March 21, 2012, 10:21:07 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on March 21, 2012, 03:15:31 AM
Quote from: 11B4V on March 21, 2012, 03:10:36 AM
What the fuck is up with the sweaters? :lol:

It's like Ned Flander's creepy Catholic brother.

Mitt Romney should hire you to compose zingers for him. That one is good.

Not enough Etch-a-Sketch references.

Phillip V

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 21, 2012, 04:30:46 PM
Ponytail woman likes it in the ass according to my fantasies.
She's 14 years old.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

MadImmortalMan

Some dude on the radio this morning (PoliSci prof from UNR) said Romney needed to win 45% of the remaining delegates to get the nom. Gingrich and Santorum each need to win 70% of the remaining ones. So I'd guess the likely outcomes are something like:

1: Romney wins.
2: Some sort of brokering
3: Newt
4: Santorum

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Sheilbh

I think Nate Silver's phrase is that Romney's not running against Santorum any more, he's running against the maths to get the delegates.
Let's bomb Russia!

jimmy olsen

So, who's the VP gonna be?

http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/04/16/11226845-romney-taps-trusted-aide-to-lead-search-for-running-mate?lite

QuoteRomney taps trusted aide to lead search for running mate
By NBC's Garrett Haake

FT. LAUDERDALE, FL -- Mitt Romney has asked Beth Myers, the manager of his 2008 campaign and a longtime trusted aide, to head up his search for a running mate, Romney advisers told NBC News on Monday.

Myers, who served as Romney's chief of staff during his tenure as Massachusetts governor and ran his 2008 campaign, is one considered to be one of Romney's closest -- and most tight-lipped -- political advisers.

"I've asked her to be the person who oversees the process of the vice presidential selection and vetting an analysis and so she's begun that process and is putting together the kinds of things you need to do to vet potential candidates," Romney told ABC News in an interview Monday.

Romney also said in the interview that he only began seriously talking about selecting a vice president this weekend, while fundraising in Florida.

The presumptive Republican nominee declined to reveal names on his shortlist, but has in the past praised the deep bench of Republican governors and other legislators -- and said that his primary concern in selecting a running mate would be that the person be able to assume the presidency immediately, if necessary.

At a town hall event last September in Arizona, Romney praised former Vice President Dick Cheney, and suggested the former head of the Defense Department and one-time White House chief of staff had the kind of experience he would look for in selecting his own running mate.

"That's the kind of person I'd like to have --  a person of wisdom and judgement," Romney said of Cheney.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Admiral Yi

NPR had on Mitt's former adviser from his Massachussets days.  He said he was betting on Portman of Ohio.  No clue who that is.  He suggested Marco Rubio wouldn't get the call because he would make Mitt look even more boring.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 17, 2012, 06:23:52 PMNo clue who that is.
Potential VP nominee for McCain.  Moderate temperament and politics.  Former OMB director for Bush I think.

QuoteHe suggested Marco Rubio wouldn't get the call because he would make Mitt look even more boring.
I think it's a worry for Romney.  He doesn't want to be constantly upstaged and have the base more enthused by his VP than him.  Palin casts a long shadow.
Let's bomb Russia!

Scipio

What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Sheilbh on April 17, 2012, 06:29:52 PM
Potential VP nominee for McCain.  Moderate temperament and politics.  Former OMB director for Bush I think.

I though Mitch Daniels was Boosh' OMB director.  This guy too?  What office does he hold?