Why Every Social Media Manager Should Be Under 25

Started by garbon, August 07, 2012, 10:40:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on August 07, 2012, 10:48:15 AM
I agree with the commenter cited.  She is a jackass.  Probably a Timmayite.
:huh: I don't see how she exhibits any Timmayite tendencies.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Eddie Teach

Wags checked the site and saw her name on half the threads.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: jimmy olsen on August 08, 2012, 06:15:54 AM
Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on August 07, 2012, 10:48:15 AM
I agree with the commenter cited.  She is a jackass.  Probably a Timmayite.
:huh: I don't see how she exhibits any Timmayite tendencies.
Oh you are here.
PDH!

garbon

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on August 08, 2012, 05:07:13 AM
No, it's specific to somebody trying to do PR/marketing for the company through Facebook/twitter/tumblr/etc.

Jos can't understand those words.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Jacob

Quote from: Tyr on August 08, 2012, 05:03:09 AM
Isn't social media manager one of those job titles they give to someone when they want to promote them/make them feel special but don't have an actual new position for them?

No.

A social media manager is a hybrid between customer service and PR, done through various social media outlets. They're responsible for responding to feedback emails, maintaining the product facebook page, twitter account and so on, as well as being active on any related fora if appropriate.

Neil

Quote from: Jacob on August 08, 2012, 12:56:17 PM
Quote from: Tyr on August 08, 2012, 05:03:09 AM
Isn't social media manager one of those job titles they give to someone when they want to promote them/make them feel special but don't have an actual new position for them?
No.

A social media manager is a hybrid between customer service and PR, done through various social media outlets. They're responsible for responding to feedback emails, maintaining the product facebook page, twitter account and so on, as well as being active on any related fora if appropriate.
It's a tough job because customers are usually total assholes.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Phillip V

The title still seems new enough that I added "Web Content Manager / Social Media Lead" on my resume as one of my extra responsibilities under a previous job.

Josquius

I know what it is (I even applied for some jobs related to it), I was poking fun at it for being a silly position. :contract:
██████
██████
██████

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.