Why Every Social Media Manager Should Be Under 25

Started by garbon, August 07, 2012, 10:40:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

Quote from: Jacob on August 07, 2012, 02:04:36 PM
Languish is social media.
It predates the existance of the term, so I can live with it.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

grumbler

The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

garbon

Quote from: Neil on August 07, 2012, 02:30:16 PM
It predates the existance of the term, so I can live with it.

Perhaps widespread existence. Quick search revealed a Forbes article that places the coining sometime in the 90s.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Grey Fox on August 07, 2012, 01:55:13 PM
What about the landline less? Are they dishonest?

No, simply transient and unable to pay a bill.

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Eddie Teach

Posting on Languish is certainly not a cost-effective use of a business's marketing resources.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Phillip V

Some early social media work from:
======================

by Cathryn Sloane on Wednesday, February 4, 2009 at 3:26pm ยท
Once you've been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose 25 people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you, it's because I want to know more about you.

1. i love the spelling of my name and would never change it even though it's exhausting having to explain it to EVERYONE

2. i could not live without music. i literally have no idea what i would do..

3. i've lived in St. Louis my entire life until i came to Bradley

4. i really like working out, but i'm probably the most unathletic person you'll ever meet. i'm horrible at pretty much all sports

5. i had way too much Easy Mac first semester and now i usually can't stand it

6. coming to Bradley has been amazing..i've met the most awesome people ever and love them so much..i don't know what i'd do w/o my crazy dysfunctional college family haha

7. i will probably never get tired of the song "Love Story" by Taylor Swift

8. my major is Social Work and i'm really happy with it..i'm 99% sure that's what i wanna do in the future

9. i may seem shy and hard to approach sometimes but i actually love meeting people and am really outgoing once you get to know me

10. i really wanna go to Asia sometime in my life

11. i think blue and green eyes are really pretty and always wanted them

12. i've played the clarinet since i was 11

13. i apparently have a really funny laugh according to Anthony..or a sinister one according to Nigel haha

14. i was sick from the end of November through mid January and i never wanna go through something like that again..i'm becoming a health freak now lol

15. i wrote a lotttt when i was younger..it's always come naturally to me for some reason

16. my favorite soda ever is Dr. Pepper

17. i really really wish i could play guitar..i tried to learn over the summer but gave up after learning like 5 chords..if someone could discipline me to learn it that would be amazing lol

18. i'm obsessed with peace signs and hippie stuff

19. i'm a really liberal person

20. i used to be obsessed with the show Degrassi

21. i am definitely not a morning person...i don't know how i made my 8 AM's last semester..

22. i like snow but can't stand the cold..i can't wait for spring!

23. i took the equivalent of 5 years of French in high school and am sooo tired of it. after this semester's class i will FINALLY be done with it!

24. i absolutely love Bradley even if it's in the middle of nowhere and ruining my health lol

25. i didn't know how to do laundry until i came to college

garbon

Hey she snapped out of it and decided to ditch social work once she graduated. :P

Martinus

I think we should start a "Why Every Social Media Manager Should be" game, where you add something at the end of that sentence.

I will start: :)

Why Every Social Media Manager Should be Brutally Raped.

Eddie Teach

Why Every Social Media Manager Should Be Put in a Cage Match Against a Lawyer of Comparable Size And Forced to Fight to the Death  :showoff:

Josquius

Isn't social media manager one of those job titles they give to someone when they want to promote them/make them feel special but don't have an actual new position for them?
██████
██████
██████

Eddie Teach

No, it's specific to somebody trying to do PR/marketing for the company through Facebook/twitter/tumblr/etc.