2012 US Presidential Election Megathread!

Started by jimmy olsen, March 21, 2012, 12:55:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on April 19, 2012, 09:13:40 AM
Quote from: grumbler on April 19, 2012, 08:35:51 AM
Quote from: Caliga on April 19, 2012, 05:10:22 AM
I had a Sikh IT consultant once.  He was a very, very angry man.  In fact the client fired him because he was so angry all the time.
Sounds very much like the Christian I used to work with.

Or Raz.

I'm not angry.  I just like to sucker punch people.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Valmy

Quote from: Barrister on April 19, 2012, 09:21:24 AM
There's a Sikh prosecutor whose office is 20 feet from mine.  He's a very nice guy.  :)

Does he take cold showers every morning?  That is one of Sikh rituals I always found horrifying.  I have to wake up early and take a cold shower?  Is this spirituality or torture? :P
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Barrister

Quote from: Valmy on April 19, 2012, 09:36:45 AM
Quote from: Barrister on April 19, 2012, 09:21:24 AM
There's a Sikh prosecutor whose office is 20 feet from mine.  He's a very nice guy.  :)

Does he take cold showers every morning?  That is one of Sikh rituals I always found horrifying.  I have to wake up early and take a cold shower?  Is this spirituality or torture? :P

I don't know about you, but I don't discuss showering with my co-workers.  :ph34r:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

stjaba

Re: Republican Veep candidate

Condi Rice topped the list of preferred candidates in a recent poll of Republicans voters. She would bring solid foreign policy gravitas, and would bring diversity(appealing to moderates), but she is pretty boring(aka not a good attack dog) and has 0 experience in elective politics. Regardless, she's said that she's not interested in the job.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0412/75341.html

Malthus

Quote from: Barrister on April 19, 2012, 09:39:49 AM
I don't know about you, but I don't discuss showering with my co-workers.  :ph34r:

Is that you don't discuss with your coworkers the topic of showering in general, or that you don't discuss participating in showering with your coworkers as a communal activity?  ;)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

derspiess

Quote from: Razgovory on April 18, 2012, 07:06:56 PM
Quote from: derspiess on April 18, 2012, 06:50:48 PM
Obama ate dogs when he was a kid.

I find this unlikely.  Being a Muslim, dog meat is taboo.

:rolleyes:

Have you not read and memorized "Dreams of My Father"??

Get out your copy & read from Chapter 2:

QuoteWith Lolo, I learned how to eat small green chill peppers raw with dinner (plenty of rice), and, away from the dinner table, I was introduced to dog meat (tough), snake meat (tougher), and roasted grasshopper (crunchy). Like many Indonesians, Lolo followed a brand of Islam that could make room for the remnants of more ancient animist and Hindu faiths. He explained that a man took on the powers of whatever he ate: One day soon, he promised, he would bring home a piece of tiger meat for us to share.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Razgovory

I'll leave studying every minute detail of the man to you.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

DGuller

One thing that just occured to me is that for a guy who wrote two books about himself before being elected, with some level of frankness, he really doesn't have much dirt dug up on him.  He must be quite a dreadfully boring guy.

Razgovory

Quote from: DGuller on April 19, 2012, 10:54:03 AM
One thing that just occured to me is that for a guy who wrote two books about himself before being elected, with some level of frankness, he really doesn't have much dirt dug up on him.  He must be quite a dreadfully boring guy.

I think this is true.

Sheilbh

I think this is fair.  It's carried over into his administration.  I mean the worst scandals so far seem pretty tame.  It's probably why he's so suspicious of Bill :lol:
Let's bomb Russia!

stjaba

In his book, he admitted that he did coke and weed in his high school and college years.

DGuller

Quote from: stjaba on April 19, 2012, 12:20:59 PM

In his book, he admitted that he did coke and weed in his high school and college years.
Yeah, I remember that one.  I don't recall anything coming of it, though.  Maybe the existance of the book actually cleared through the potential scandals pre-emptively, before they had a chance to become a bombshell.

garbon

Quote from: DGuller on April 19, 2012, 12:51:24 PM

Yeah, I remember that one.  I don't recall anything coming of it, though.  Maybe the existance of the book actually cleared through the potential scandals pre-emptively, before they had a chance to become a bombshell.

I think that makes sense and I think I remember feeling that he'd made a smart move with that. After all, a large part of big scandals often involves attempts to cover-up or hide said information.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

mongers

It just cleared the field for slightly more imaginative accusation like the far left/conspiracy nuts claiming he's a long term deep cover CIA agent and the Teaparty/librarytarians believing he leads a top level Al-Qaeda cell. 
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

garbon

Quote from: mongers on April 19, 2012, 01:53:17 PM

It just cleared the field for slightly more imaginative accusation like the far left/conspiracy nuts claiming he's a long term deep cover CIA agent and the Teaparty/librarytarians believing he leads a top level Al-Qaeda cell. 

aka things that get no air time.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.