News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Breastfeeding in public places

Started by Martinus, February 25, 2012, 03:49:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What is your position of women breastfeeding their children in public?

Women should be allowed to breastfeed their children pretty much everywhere
35 (66%)
Women should be allowed to breastfeed their children in some public places, but this should not happen e.g. in restaurants, churches etc.
12 (22.6%)
Women should only be allowed to breastfeed their children in private places (e.g. toilets, privacy of their homes etc.)
6 (11.3%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Neil

Quote from: garbon on April 11, 2012, 01:40:58 PM
Quote from: Neil on April 11, 2012, 10:54:12 AM
See, this is why the concept of 'rights' is meaningless.
Are you saying there is no right to bear/bare boobs?
That's right.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

crazy canuck

I always get a good laugh at the thought of Marti being treated with the same intolerance he shows to others.

viper37

Quote from: garbon on April 11, 2012, 01:40:01 PM
I don't see how any of that makes sense.
Marti is all for equal treatment, but he denies to other.

Two guys kissing is disgusting.  Breastfeeding is not.
My rights >> Marti's rights.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

garbon

Quote from: viper37 on April 11, 2012, 02:24:23 PM

I don't think he denies "to other." Has Marti said that heterosexuals shouldn't be able to kiss in public? How is a baby sucking on a breast similar to people kissing? :huh:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

crazy canuck

Quote from: garbon on April 11, 2012, 02:26:09 PM
Quote from: viper37 on April 11, 2012, 02:24:23 PM

I don't think he denies "to other." Has Marti said that heterosexuals shouldn't be able to kiss in public? How is a baby sucking on a breast similar to people kissing? :huh:

That is some bad memory there Garbon.  You ought to get that checked.  Besides Grallon, who wants to send minorities to camps, Marti is the most intolerant member of Languish - and its a close call between Marti and Grallon.

Sheilbh

In fairness Marti also disagrees with people kissing in public :mellow:
Let's bomb Russia!

garbon

Quote from: Sheilbh on April 11, 2012, 02:30:35 PM

Ah, so then all of what Viper said is moot.

@CC - That might be the case but still I wasn't aware that Marti said gays should be able to kiss in public but heteros cannot.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Martinus

Quote from: Jacob on April 11, 2012, 09:49:57 AM
Quote from: HVC on April 11, 2012, 09:37:37 AM
They better make public urination a civil right too. Sometime you just gotta go. Stupid judgemental starbucks staff <_<

:P

You think breastfeeding is the same public urination? What are you, Marty?

Of course they are not the same. Everyone has to urinate. On the other hand, if the whore didn't spread her legs or if she used a condom or a coat hanger, she wouldn't have to breastfeed.

HVC

A better example for marti would be the banning of open toed shoes :P
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Martinus

Quote from: HVC on April 11, 2012, 02:33:09 PM
A better example for marti would be the banning of open toed shoes :P

I'm fine with that. Most people have ugly feet. And yeah, as Sheilbh pointed out, I'm not a big fan of PDAs, whether practiced by gays, straights or in between.

I'm actually even annoyed by people holding hands in public places, as this obstructs pedestrian traffic.

MadImmortalMan

Is any of this serious enough to actually use to power of the state to ban it though?

Hell, I'd like to see people stop doing all of the above in public, including wearing flip-flops. But banning it? Nah.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Camerus

I don't especially care to see it or find it sexual in any way, but there's no cause to ban it.  I almost never see it, anyway.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Martinus on April 11, 2012, 02:35:21 PM
I'm actually even annoyed by people holding hands in public places, as this obstructs pedestrian traffic.

Think of it this way: there's a good chance of both going down a manhole.  SHE WOULDNT LET GO

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 11, 2012, 09:29:02 PM
Quote from: Martinus on April 11, 2012, 02:35:21 PM

Think of it this way: there's a good chance of both going down a manhole.  SHE WOULDNT LET GO

How many manholes are on sidewalks? :unsure:

edit: Oh but Marti doesn't want anyone down that. :blush:

CountDeMoney