News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Breastfeeding in public places

Started by Martinus, February 25, 2012, 03:49:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What is your position of women breastfeeding their children in public?

Women should be allowed to breastfeed their children pretty much everywhere
35 (66%)
Women should be allowed to breastfeed their children in some public places, but this should not happen e.g. in restaurants, churches etc.
12 (22.6%)
Women should only be allowed to breastfeed their children in private places (e.g. toilets, privacy of their homes etc.)
6 (11.3%)

Total Members Voted: 51

CountDeMoney

fhdz

and the horse you rode in on

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Iormlund on February 25, 2012, 10:15:20 AM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on February 25, 2012, 07:29:44 AM
HOTT Women should have the right to go topless in public, baby or no.

I'm not saying they shouldn't use discretion in choosing when and whether to exercise that right, of course.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Neil on February 25, 2012, 11:18:39 AM
See, this is the problem with filthy fucking lawyers.

I think it's less of a lawyer thing when it comes to Marti's little bitches, and more of a homo-nazi fag thing.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Martinus on February 25, 2012, 03:49:41 AM
So, since there is recently an outbreak of these crazy cunts who insist they should have a right to squirt their bodily fluids into the gaping maws of their spawn where innocent people may be watching and having their dinner or a polite conversation ("OMG, it's all natural and everyone has been breastfed." Yeah, everyone also takes a shit but I wouldn't want someone to pull down their pants and take a dump at a next table when I am having a steak, you stupid bitch), I decided to ask Languish what the common opinion is.
To be fair the babies do shit in public.

It doesn't bother me at all :mellow:
Let's bomb Russia!

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Sheilbh on February 25, 2012, 04:42:22 PM
To be fair the babies do shit in public.

It doesn't bother me at all :mellow:

It smells rather bad.  :lol:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Admiral Yi

No to restaurants, yes to churches.

Tonitrus

11B4V

So, since there is recently an outbreak of these crazy cunts who insist they should have a right to squirt their bodily fluids into the gaping maws of their spawn where innocent people may be watching and having their dinner or a polite conversation ("OMG, it's all natural and everyone has been breastfed." Yeah, everyone also takes a shit but I wouldn't want someone to pull down their pants and take a dump at a next table when I am having a steak, you stupid bitch), I decided to ask Languish what the common opinion is.

I tried to keep the opening post neutral so my personal opinion is not known until later.

You dont like boobies or something?
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Ed Anger

Quote from: 11B4V on February 25, 2012, 05:29:09 PM

I tried to keep the opening post neutral so my personal opinion is not known until later.

You dont like boobies or something?

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

OttoVonBismarck

My wife didn't ever do this but we honestly virtually never went out to a restaurant when our kid was still breastfeeding. I spent most of my adult life bashing parents who felt the need to bring infants into a sit down, family restaurant so I sure as hell wasn't going to be a hypocrite and do the same thing.

If you need to go out for a night you force the grandparents to watch the kid, and if you are some transient who has moved far away from your family then you can hire a nanny.

I have no issue with it though, and don't see why anyone would be bothered by it. (My opposition to bringing infants to a restaurant is based on the fact infants scream and cry uncontrollably sometimes, not on the basis of them sometimes needing to be fed.)

CountDeMoney

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on February 25, 2012, 05:44:42 PM
My wife didn't ever do this but we honestly virtually never went out to a restaurant when our kid was still breastfeeding. I spent most of my adult life bashing parents who felt the need to bring infants into a sit down, family restaurant so I sure as hell wasn't going to be a hypocrite and do the same thing.

Good, sane, considerate policy.  Shame Dazzling Urbanites can't figure that one out.
Then again, they're used to traveling with their young on their back from tree to tree.

Never understood why people take their infants to restaurants.  Why is this woman beating her child at a Don Pablo's at 10pm?  BECAUSE HES FUCKING TIRED AND NEEDS TO BE ASLEEP

Ed Anger

Hell, I don't even like taking the kids to Mickey D's. THE PLAYLAND IS A TRAP.

Ed Anger

I still enjoy Queen Mart's angst at breeders. So angry, yet can't do anything about it.

BREEDERS RULE!

Jaron

I don't object to breastfeeding. Between people talking on their cell phone, blue teeth, and sunflower seeds, if I paid attention to all the little things that annoy me I'd go quite mad.
Winner of THE grumbler point.