News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Breastfeeding in public places

Started by Martinus, February 25, 2012, 03:49:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What is your position of women breastfeeding their children in public?

Women should be allowed to breastfeed their children pretty much everywhere
35 (66%)
Women should be allowed to breastfeed their children in some public places, but this should not happen e.g. in restaurants, churches etc.
12 (22.6%)
Women should only be allowed to breastfeed their children in private places (e.g. toilets, privacy of their homes etc.)
6 (11.3%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Jacob

Quote from: Martinus on April 11, 2012, 02:35:21 PMI'm actually even annoyed by people holding hands in public places, as this obstructs pedestrian traffic.

You should work on not getting annoyed by trivial things.

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: Jacob on April 11, 2012, 09:54:15 PM
Quote from: Martinus on April 11, 2012, 02:35:21 PMI'm actually even annoyed by people holding hands in public places, as this obstructs pedestrian traffic.

Speaking as a pedestrian, as much as I want to support urban bike riders, and some of my best friends are bicyclists, they can be a damn annoying trivial annoyance.
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Jacob

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on April 11, 2012, 09:57:57 PMSpeaking as a pedestrian, as much as I want to support urban bike riders, and some of my best friends are bicyclists, they can be a damn annoying trivial annoyance.

Well yeah. Definitely more so than people holding hands or breastfeeding.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on April 11, 2012, 09:57:57 PM
Speaking as a pedestrian, as much as I want to support urban bike riders, and some of my best friends are bicyclists, they can be a damn annoying trivial annoyance.

Oh, totally fuck those fuckers. More obnoxious than motorcyclists, with less leather.  Douchebags on wheels.

garbon

Quote from: Jacob on April 11, 2012, 10:02:03 PM
Quote from: Capetan Mihali on April 11, 2012, 09:57:57 PMSpeaking as a pedestrian, as much as I want to support urban bike riders, and some of my best friends are bicyclists, they can be a damn annoying trivial annoyance.

Well yeah. Definitely more so than people holding hands or breastfeeding.

Well people holding hands can be annoying when walking down the street. Much like families they seem to act as though they own the entire sidewalk, which sucks if you want to walk somewhere quickly.  That said certainly not something "annoying" enough to post online about. :lol:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on April 11, 2012, 10:10:25 PM
Well people holding hands can be annoying when walking down the street. Much like families they seem to act as though they own the entire sidewalk, which sucks if you want to walk somewhere quickly.

They're less annoying to walk behind than a herd of Dazzling Urbanite Mmm-Hmmms.

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 11, 2012, 10:12:06 PM
Well people holding hands can be annoying when walking down the street. Much like families they seem to act as though they own the entire sidewalk, which sucks if you want to walk somewhere quickly.

They're less annoying to walk behind than a herd of Dazzling Urbanite Mmm-Hmmms.

That crowd has no problem letting me through. :)
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on April 11, 2012, 10:13:03 PM

No kidding.  If they only knew...

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 11, 2012, 10:16:28 PM
Quote from: garbon on April 11, 2012, 10:13:03 PM

No kidding.  If they only knew...

That I was fabulous? Oh they got that, boo.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on April 11, 2012, 10:18:05 PM

Fucking sleeper agents.  :rolleyes:

garbon

Eddie Teach

Quote from: HVC on April 11, 2012, 02:33:09 PM
A better example for marti would be the banning of open toed shoes :P

They should ban shoes that show the top of the feet but not the toe. Cause that looks weird.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on April 11, 2012, 10:23:31 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 11, 2012, 10:18:39 PM
Quote from: garbon on April 11, 2012, 10:18:05 PM

Fucking sleeper agents.  :rolleyes:

Now, now. Don't be jealous. :hug:

Au contraire, my swishy friend:  little do my Corporate America(tm) masters know where my allegiance lies: with THE MOST REVEREND Al Sharpton!

Martinus

Quote from: Jacob on April 11, 2012, 09:54:15 PM

Why? If I try to suppress my annoyance, it's my problem. If I express my annoyance, it becomes someone else's problem.

If there is one thing wrong with the modern society, it's the fact that people don't tell other people that they annoy them often enough.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Martinus on April 12, 2012, 02:08:22 AM
Why? If I try to suppress my annoyance, it's my problem. If I express my annoyance, it becomes someone else's problem. [

What a bitch.

QuoteIf there is one thing wrong with the modern society, it's the fact that people don't tell other people that they annoy them often enough.

I don't know over there in your dirt farm, but with roughly over 15,000 homicides in 2009, I don't think that's a problem in the US.