News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Breastfeeding in public places

Started by Martinus, February 25, 2012, 03:49:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What is your position of women breastfeeding their children in public?

Women should be allowed to breastfeed their children pretty much everywhere
35 (66%)
Women should be allowed to breastfeed their children in some public places, but this should not happen e.g. in restaurants, churches etc.
12 (22.6%)
Women should only be allowed to breastfeed their children in private places (e.g. toilets, privacy of their homes etc.)
6 (11.3%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Jacob

Quote from: HVC on April 11, 2012, 09:37:37 AM
They better make public urination a civil right too. Sometime you just gotta go. Stupid judgemental starbucks staff <_<

:P

You think breastfeeding is the same public urination? What are you, Marty?

11B4V

No but he should able to use the women bathroom if need be.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

HVC

Quote from: Jacob on April 11, 2012, 09:49:57 AM
They better make public urination a civil right too. Sometime you just gotta go. Stupid judgemental starbucks staff <_<

obviously i'm exaggerating for effect, but both are a necessary bodily function. Necessity and "natural" are what most champions of public breast feeding use as justification. Personally i don't care where you feed your baby or how. Doing it in a restaurant kind of wigs me out, but whatever.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

garbon

Quote from: Brazen on April 11, 2012, 09:21:41 AM
Do it if you have to, but for God's sake show some appropriate SHAME. Woman on the train with boob and baby head all concealed under  the baby blanket? You're doing it right.

Yep don't see anything wrong with that.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

lol, I find it interesting he equates ammonia with breast milk.

DGuller

Quote from: Brazen on April 11, 2012, 09:21:41 AM
Do it if you have to, but for God's sake show some appropriate SHAME. Woman on the train with boob and baby head all concealed under  the baby blanket? You're doing it right.
Prude.  :rolleyes:

CountDeMoney

New mommies have nipples like pencil erasers.  You can open a beer bottle with those things.

HVC

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 11, 2012, 09:55:48 AM

lol, I find it interesting he equates ammonia with breast milk.
You don't want to know what in so of the milk you buy in stores. Ammonia (in piss form or other) is a common additive to hide that fact the milk is diluted.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

CountDeMoney

Quote from: HVC on April 11, 2012, 10:00:53 AM
You don't want to know what in so of the milk you buy in stores. Ammonia (in piss form or other) is a common additive to hide that fact the milk is diluted.

HOW DAR YOU QUESTION CLOVERLAND WHOLE MILK

HVC

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 11, 2012, 10:19:00 AM
Quote from: HVC on April 11, 2012, 10:00:53 AM

HOW DAR YOU QUESTION CLOVERLAND WHOLE MILK
:lol: Cow sourced piss if it makes you feel any better :P

Neil

See, this is why the concept of 'rights' is meaningless.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Neil on April 11, 2012, 10:54:12 AM

Nigga, please.  You know damned well you drink breast milk, too.

viper37

If it offends gays, then by all mean let's do it everywhere.

Gays want to kiss in public, but they can't stand breastfeeding?
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

garbon

Quote from: viper37 on April 11, 2012, 01:21:25 PM
If it offends gays, then by all mean let's do it everywhere.

Gays want to kiss in public, but they can't stand breastfeeding?

I don't see how any of that makes sense.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: Neil on April 11, 2012, 10:54:12 AM

Are you saying there is no right to bear/bare boobs?