News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Breastfeeding in public places

Started by Martinus, February 25, 2012, 03:49:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What is your position of women breastfeeding their children in public?

Women should be allowed to breastfeed their children pretty much everywhere
35 (66%)
Women should be allowed to breastfeed their children in some public places, but this should not happen e.g. in restaurants, churches etc.
12 (22.6%)
Women should only be allowed to breastfeed their children in private places (e.g. toilets, privacy of their homes etc.)
6 (11.3%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Syt

Quote from: Zanza on February 25, 2012, 06:16:34 AM
Your problem is that your extremely vitriolic and unobjective opening post doesn't differ much in style from your usual posts.

He does irony and trolling as well as analogies and anal sex.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: Martinus on February 25, 2012, 05:22:08 AM
Crazy Ivan, you are a fucking retard.

katmai, I am also not fond of PDAs really, whether straight or gay.

and again with the ad homs. It's almost as if you talk with your crapper.

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: Syt on February 25, 2012, 06:38:46 AM
Quote from: Zanza on February 25, 2012, 06:16:34 AM
Your problem is that your extremely vitriolic and unobjective opening post doesn't differ much in style from your usual posts.

He does irony and trolling as well as analogies and anal sex.
indeed.

Eddie Teach

Women should have the right to go topless in public, baby or no.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Caliga

Iormlund

Ed Anger

What feels weird is when you make eye contact with the mother.  :lol:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Zoupa

Quote from: Ed Anger on February 25, 2012, 10:16:57 AM

I stare them down just to be creepy.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Zoupa on February 25, 2012, 10:32:45 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on February 25, 2012, 10:16:57 AM

I stare them down just to be creepy.

:lol:

I'M NEXT
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Caliga

Neil

See, this is the problem with filthy fucking lawyers.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Viking

This poll needs a "Martinus - Breeders are evil" option.

I don't like the breastfeeding in public and think that mommies can used pumps and bottles in public. I was breastfed as a kid (norgy, slargos, dicky, bogh and havard can testify to my size) and I am not against breastfeeding in general I'm just against other people doing it in public in front of me. There are way to breast feed without exposing the boobies as well as ways of providing privacy for breastfeeders. Those are options that I'm happy with.

Having talked to quite a few people working in hospitality here in town I know that cafes often try to sabotage the maternity leave mommies that spend all day at cafes (imho if you poison your body with caffein you shouldn't be breastfeeding, but then again I'm not female nor do I know if this is actually true) by making it hard to park strollers (curbs and steps at entrance) and making sure the background music wakes baby up from time to time.

Give cafe owners the choice of banning it or not then I am sure they will ban it and specialized nursing cafes will be the only places where it is permitted.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Habbaku

Martinus fails at humor, then whines when people don't "get it"?  Okay.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Berkut

I could not care less.

Mainly because I don't think breastfeeding is much like taking a shit.

What is a lot more interesting is that the resident extrovert gay guy proves again that other than being gay, he is about as ultra-conservative and intolerant as, I don't know - slargos? Dorsey? Lettuce?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned