News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Gotcha!

Started by Razgovory, January 03, 2012, 03:24:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

Quote from: sbr on January 04, 2012, 12:35:46 AM
This is the worst attention whoring thread ever.

You've clearly missed all my attention whoring threads.  :(
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

LaCroix

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on January 04, 2012, 12:33:15 AM
Eh, I don't think Raz is really whining about the insults, he just wants to know if others think there's merit to them.

nah, i don't mean this thread. i mean when he whined when grumbler insulted him

Eddie Teach

Ah, I've stopped paying attention to it when grumbler starts bullying somebody.

Razgovory

Quote from: LaCroix on January 04, 2012, 12:49:08 AM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on January 04, 2012, 12:33:15 AM
Eh, I don't think Raz is really whining about the insults, he just wants to know if others think there's merit to them.

nah, i don't mean this thread. i mean when he whined when grumbler insulted him

What did Grumbler call me?  He's always name calling,  I bring attention to it because he's always the first to accuse someone else of resorting to Ad Hominem.  I actually like Grumbler.  When he's not being an ass, he can provides some unique insights and does have a vast store of military and historical knowledge.  Still, he can be tiring and his current fit of ignoring me suits me fine.  The only person I can't really stand is Grallon someone I have a hard time finding positive things to say about.  I mock pretty much everyone here, but usually there's no real malice in it.  I mocked CdM once, then he banned me.  So I stopped that.  Marty banned me when he was a mod for mocking him, but he's no longer a mod so I'm free to do as I will.  Besides, I have a hard time believing that the barbs or criticisms from some loser on the net will bother someone overmuch.

Eddie is right about the purpose of this thread.  I genuinely didn't understand what Yi was going on about.  I don't always "get" things.  Berkut and I had a very heated discussion once because I misunderstood something he wrote.  It wasn't until much later when I rethought it, did I understood what he meant.  I did kinda feel embarrassed about that.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ideologue

Grallon's fun because he's the Frenchest person on the forum.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Razgovory

Quote from: Ideologue on January 04, 2012, 01:08:15 AM

I think of Zoupa as the Frenchyiest person here.  And Zoups is fine.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

LaCroix

Quote from: Razgovory on January 04, 2012, 01:05:47 AMWhat did Grumbler call me?  He's always name calling,  I bring attention to it because he's always the first to accuse someone else of resorting to Ad Hominem.

you seem to have a not horrible memory of when posters "attack you," so you ought to remember the post. if you don't, i'm too lazy to bring it up, so there we are. either way, in regard to this whole thread, i'll ask: since you yourself claim to be not so intelligent, why do you argue with posters who make very smart points? shouldn't your own humility allow you to concede every point made?

Eddie Teach

He didn't say he was a fucking moron who didn't understand that smart people are wrong sometimes too.

LaCroix

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on January 04, 2012, 01:17:46 AM
He didn't say he was a fucking moron who didn't understand that smart people are wrong sometimes too.

he did say he was the least intelligent person on this board, bar martinus (which i have doubts of, but that's another argument). that is quite a strong statement, and when we've quality posters such as yis around, it makes one wonder

Razgovory

Too dumb to know better, I reckon.  If I was smarter I suppose I would recognize the smartness of their posts.  As it is I merely an Idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

Grumbler has called me all sorts of things.  So you would have to be more specific with "Grumbler insulted you once".  That's like saying "Slargos said something racist once".

Jaron

Even though grumbler is a proper noun, it is not to be capitalized, even at the beginning of a sentence.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

LaCroix

Quote from: Razgovory on January 04, 2012, 01:24:00 AMGrumbler has called me all sorts of things.  So you would have to be more specific with "Grumbler insulted you once".  That's like saying "Slargos said something racist once".

nope. i could be wrong, since i don't speak for grumbler, but i don't think he insults many posters too frequently. at least, not that i've seen. i do know that rather recently he posted a comment about you, and you responded that you preferred that he not randomly insult you. it struck me as rather hypocritical, since isn't that what you do with slargos, martinus?

Ideologue

Quote from: Razgovory on January 04, 2012, 01:13:20 AM

Yeah, right.  Zoupa might have part-time metropolitanness in his favor, but where's the nihilism?  The defeatism?  The dead-end technocrat's job?  The paradoxical hatred of Muslims and the United States?
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Razgovory

Oh, that was him ignoring me and not ignoring me.  He goes through phases of that.  I asked that if he was going to ignore me, please do so consistently, and not to simply belittle me and then when I respond say he's now ignoring me.  That's a bit annoying.  In particular he had been attacking every argument I made, and I was curious what his position on the subject was (I think it concerned Ron Paul).  It was right about then he decided he was going to ignore me.  That suited me fine, since he was starting to annoy me.  I found it amusing but not really insulting.  Yi was a bit different, since I didn't know what he was on about.  Yi has a his own debating method which involves asking lots of questions but makes it difficult to discern what he's supporting or not.  In fact, with Yi I often use his method to debate him.  Constantly asking questions about underlying assumptions.

Razgovory

Quote from: Ideologue on January 04, 2012, 01:58:07 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on January 04, 2012, 01:13:20 AM

Yeah, right.  Zoupa might have part-time metropolitanness in his favor, but where's the nihilism?  The defeatism?  The dead-end technocrat's job?  The paradoxical hatred of Muslims and the United States?

I dislike the Nihilism.  Surely that isn't a major facet of French Culture?