And we're back!

Main Menu

Arlen Specter to become a Democrat

Started by alfred russel, April 28, 2009, 11:21:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

citizen k

Quote from: Sheilbh on April 28, 2009, 05:37:06 PM
Quote from: alfred russel on April 28, 2009, 05:33:38 PM
Pennsylvania isn't that liberal of a place: they did get Rick Santorum elected to a couple of terms there.
I realise that but I thought it was generally a Democrat state and that's it's been voting more and more liberal in recent years.

200,000 Pennsylvania Republicans have defected in the past twelve months.

Scipio

I laugh at the GOP.  You sad, sad bastards.

How could you not control Specter?  Sad, sad bastards.  The lot of you.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

KRonn

Quote from: Viking on April 28, 2009, 08:05:22 PM
Quote from: KRonn on April 28, 2009, 07:03:55 PM
Traitor Spector! Too bad that Darth Cheney isn't still VP - else Spector would rightfully find himself cooling his heels in Gitmo for his treachery!    :mad:

;)

The 100 days are up, if the G.O.P. was going to assassinate him they would have done it by now.. so by that logic I think Spectre thought it was finally safe to join the "Good Guys".
Lol... who the heck are the "good guys" in the US Congress,  or among these two diabolic, inbred, dynastic parties?     :cool:

derspiess

Quote from: citizen k on April 28, 2009, 08:10:39 PM
Quote from: Sheilbh on April 28, 2009, 05:37:06 PM
Quote from: alfred russel on April 28, 2009, 05:33:38 PM
Pennsylvania isn't that liberal of a place: they did get Rick Santorum elected to a couple of terms there.
I realise that but I thought it was generally a Democrat state and that's it's been voting more and more liberal in recent years.

200,000 Pennsylvania Republicans have defected in the past twelve months.

...to vote against Obama in the primary ;)
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

Quote from: Hansmeister on April 28, 2009, 05:15:27 PM
I think Snowe should never mention "fiscal responsibility" again.  She voted for the most fiscally irresponsible bill in US history.

You were the guy telling me how ignorant I was for opposing budget deficits during the Bush years because they were temporary.  Yeah real fucking temporary now eh Hans?

Even better we are in a major economic melt down so now there is actually a logical reason for deficit spending...

and now you are fucking suddenly opposed to them.  It has nothing to do with the other guys being in power right?  Do not even try to pull that fiscal responsible shit on me.  As soon as your guys are back in power you will be on here telling me how deficits are fine since economic growth is a certainty with your magical tax cut bullet.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Faeelin

Quote from: Valmy on April 28, 2009, 11:16:52 PM

and now you are fucking suddenly opposed to them.  It has nothing to do with the other guys being in power right?  Do not even try to pull that fiscal responsible shit on me.  As soon as your guys are back in power you will be on here telling me how deficits are fine since economic growth is a certainty with your magical tax cut bullet.

:huh:

I don't think I've ever seen you make this angry a post.

Valmy

Quote from: Faeelin on April 28, 2009, 11:19:18 PM
I don't think I've ever seen you make this angry a post.

This bullshit about how fiscally responsible the Conservatives are all of the sudden pisses me off.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

katmai

AKA he just got married, bought a house, and probably knocked up the missus!

:P
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

derspiess

Quote from: Valmy on April 28, 2009, 11:20:54 PM
This bullshit about how fiscally responsible the Conservatives are all of the sudden pisses me off.

Don't assume we were all happy with Bush's spending.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Razgovory

Quote from: derspiess on April 28, 2009, 11:33:07 AM
Good riddance.  I gave up trying to figure him out long ago.

Well so long as you guys are giving away Senate seats you mind if the we take those two from Maine off your hands?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Admiral Yi

The Larch

Quote from: saskganesh on April 28, 2009, 05:19:17 PM
c'mon, ethnically Spartan?

they gotta ban "300" from the Senate DVD rental shop.

Apparently her father really was originally from Sparta.

As a side note, I sometimes wonder at the fluidity of party lines and crossings that it produces in the two big US parties, over here that kind of changes are sparse, given the way more rigid party structures, and create one hell of a ruckus.

Neil

Quote from: The Larch on April 29, 2009, 06:43:36 AM

As a side note, I sometimes wonder at the fluidity of party lines and crossings that it produces in the two big US parties, over here that kind of changes are sparse, given the way more rigid party structures, and create one hell of a ruckus.
In the US, the politicians are indistinguishable.  It's just a tactical move.  If a guy thinks he has a better chance of continuing his comp life with the other party, he'll switch in a heartbeat.  Neither party has any real core principles.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

KRonn

Quote from: Neil on April 29, 2009, 07:35:45 AM
Quote from: The Larch on April 29, 2009, 06:43:36 AM

In the US, the politicians are indistinguishable.  It's just a tactical move.  If a guy thinks he has a better chance of continuing his comp life with the other party, he'll switch in a heartbeat.  Neither party has any real core principles.
He's 80 years old, another dinosaur, as so many are in both parties, or wind up being after decades in politics. Need to have some way of moving these guys/gals on, bringing in new people. Now he's doing this change so he has a better chance of winning re-election as a Democrat. Having 60 Senators is filibuster proof for the Dems, but otherwise Spector isn't doing the Dems any favors; though getting closer to 60 Dems is probably quite enough.

Caliga

When Franken is confirmed, they will have the 60 votes. :contract:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points