News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Penn State Goings-On

Started by jimmy olsen, November 06, 2011, 07:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

Quote from: jimmy olsen on November 08, 2011, 11:31:55 PM
There on the verge of a pro Joe riot down there, I hope the police crush them without mercy.
Why's that?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Neil on November 08, 2011, 11:33:10 PM
There on the verge of a pro Joe riot down there, I hope the police crush them without mercy.
Why's that?
Students that believe Joe Paterno & his legacy is more important than covering up Child Rape deserve to be beaten by state police.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Barrister

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on November 08, 2011, 06:47:37 PM
Could we start a new thread for this? Really rather not have to think about it.

Sorry but...

:rolleyes:

Welcome to my world Eddie.  Nothing but violence, thefts and degeneracy Monday to Friday.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Neil

Quote from: jimmy olsen on November 08, 2011, 11:37:25 PM
Quote from: Neil on November 08, 2011, 11:33:10 PM
Why's that?
Students that believe Joe Paterno & his legacy is more important than covering up Child Rape deserve to be beaten by state police.
Surely the legacy of a great man is more important than some random children?

I mean, they can lynch the homo if they want, but the old man was wise to kick the problem upstairs and then forget about it.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Razgovory

Quote from: Barrister on November 08, 2011, 11:45:21 PM

Sorry but...

Welcome to my world Eddie.  Nothing but violence, thefts and degeneracy Monday to Friday.

What, do you refrain from committing criminal acts on the weekend?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Razgovory on November 09, 2011, 12:37:23 AM

Sorry but...

Nice  :lol:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

Barrister

Sorry but...

Her Majesty does not pay for overtime. -_-
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

MadImmortalMan

Occupy Beaver Stadium.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

grumbler

Quote from: Barrister on November 09, 2011, 01:13:33 AM
Sorry but...

Her Majesty does not pay for overtime. -_- 
Well-played!  :bowler:
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

CountDeMoney

Read the indictment.
This isn't a free car for a prospect, or getting a blue chipper's Mom a job, or letting a booster buy Johnny Touchdown a new suit.
This is so, so much worse.  This is really bad. This is Boston Diocese bad.

Caliga

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 09, 2011, 07:22:36 AM
Read the indictment.
This isn't a free car for a prospect, or getting a blue chipper's Mom a job, or letting a booster buy Johnny Touchdown a new suit.
This is so, so much worse.  This is really bad. This is Boston Diocese bad.
:hug: Welcome back.  Also, agree.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

jimmy olsen

CDM! :hug:

So, Tom Ridge might replace Spanier as President of Penn State.

1 Karma Chameleon point

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 08, 2011, 07:16:25 PM
If all they have on JoPa is he knew about Captain Pedo "showering with a 10 year old boy" the early reports of his death may have been exaggerated.  Football locker rooms have group showers.  People shower together.

I don't think Penn State was in the habit of giving football scholarships to 10-year olds.
I can't think of a reasonable scenario under which an assistant coach and a child not otherwise affiliated with the university would be taking a shower together alone in a football team locker room.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

garbon

Quote from: sbr on November 08, 2011, 03:53:18 PM
I had a feeling that is where you were going with it but I don't find it funny, I kept hoping there was something more to it.  I would understand a 13 year old finding a banana funny in a sexual context but you're a grown man, aren't you?

I could see it better if it was some sort of banana split with nuts on top but banana flavored ice cream? Weak unless when is as emotionally mature as Tim.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.