And we're back!

Main Menu

Penn State Goings-On

Started by jimmy olsen, November 06, 2011, 07:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: jimmy olsen on November 06, 2011, 08:31:40 PM
Alabama's ranking is ridiculous.

If you look at the margin between them and Stanford, it is evident that Stanford will pass them if they win out.

Do not worry.  Bama has to hope two of OSU, Stanford, and LSU lose.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Valmy on November 06, 2011, 11:12:02 PM
If you look at the margin between them and Stanford, it is evident that Stanford will pass them if they win out.

It's certainly not out of the realm of possibility that two of those lose a game.  Stanford has Oregon next week, OSU has OU (and Tech, who can apparently be world beaters one week, then suck horribly the next), and LSU has Arky.  Stanford and LSU both also have championship games left too.  Alabama's remaining schedule is @Miss State, Georgia Southern (1AA), and @Auburn.

If Stanford wins next week though, they'll probably jump them right then. 

Valmy

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on November 06, 2011, 11:17:59 PM
Quote from: Valmy on November 06, 2011, 11:12:02 PM

It's certainly not out of the realm of possibility that two of those lose a game.  Stanford has Oregon next week, OSU has OU (and Tech, who can apparently be world beaters one week, then suck horribly the next), and LSU has Arky.  Stanford and LSU both also have championship games left too.  Alabama's remaining schedule is @Miss State, Georgia Southern (1AA), and @Auburn.

If Stanford wins next week though, they'll probably jump them right then. 

Heck all of them might lose.  That would be fun.  I hope Auburn beats Bama as well.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Valmy on November 06, 2011, 11:24:18 PM
Heck all of them might lose.  That would be fun.  I hope Auburn beats Bama as well.

:hmm:  The NC game.....the NC game could possibly end up as OU - Boise in that case.  I could totally dig this, but only if I get to see a hook & ladder + statue of liberty to win it and crush OU's spirit forever.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on November 06, 2011, 11:27:07 PM
Quote from: Valmy on November 06, 2011, 11:24:18 PM

:hmm:  The NC game.....the NC game would end up as OU - Boise in that case, wouldn't it?  I could totally dig this, but only if I get to see a hook & ladder + statue of liberty to win it and crush OU's spirit forever.
Wouldn't Oregon or Arkansas pass them up?

I think Oregon would need to lose the Pac-12 championship.

Also, Georgia winning the SEC championship game would help Boise state as well.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

MadBurgerMaker

Maybe. 

Oregon has Stanford, USC, and Oregon State left (+PAC12CG if they win out).   Arkansas has Tennessee and Miss State before LSU. 

If Arky beat LSU, which one of LSU, Bama, and Arkansas would be in the SECCG?  How do their tiebreakers work?  LSU would have lost to Ark, Ark to Bama, and Bama to LSU.

E:  To complete things, Boise has TCU, SDSU, Wyoming, and New Mexico coming up.

sbr

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on November 06, 2011, 09:27:11 PM
Well if I was voting I'd definitely put Stanford ahead of them. But Boise St and Houston don't deserve auto-bumping with their schedules. So I'd have Alabama at #4. Even so, I still think they're better than OK St and Stanford.

Yep.  I woke up on Saturday pretty sure that LSU and Alabama were the best two teams in the country, by a pretty good margin.  I didn't see anything yesterday that changed my mind. 

How can a team that gives up 40+ points to K State be #2 in the country. :rolleyes:

Valmy

Quote from: sbr on November 07, 2011, 12:25:02 AM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on November 06, 2011, 09:27:11 PM
Well if I was voting I'd definitely put Stanford ahead of them. But Boise St and Houston don't deserve auto-bumping with their schedules. So I'd have Alabama at #4. Even so, I still think they're better than OK St and Stanford.

Yep.  I woke up on Saturday pretty sure that LSU and Alabama were the best two teams in the country, by a pretty good margin.  I didn't see anything yesterday that changed my mind. 

How can a team that gives up 40+ points to K State be #2 in the country. :rolleyes:

The same way any team is #2 in the country: they won.  Same way LSU is #1 even though they let West Virginia torch them for 500+ yards.  Win all your games, you should get a chance.  People laughed at Bama and why they deserved to play Miami in 1992 and at Ohio State in 2002.  Look how those turned out.

But frankly sbr I wouldn't worry about Oklahoma State.  I do not care how many star players for Oklahoma are injured they never beat Oklahoma and doubly so when they really really need to.

Valmy

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on November 06, 2011, 11:34:08 PM
E:  To complete things, Boise has TCU, SDSU, Wyoming, and New Mexico coming up.

Well all but one of those should be easy for Boise.

I am speaking, of course, of the mighty Wyoming Cowboys.

PDH

Wyoming played ok against TCU, they led in the 3rd Quarter 20-17,but down 24-20 a flying hit to the chest of the true freshman QB (who came out of nowhere) for Wyoming ended all hope.  Then the snow started, TCU scored one more, and all the ice cream turned to shit.

Oh well, it was good to see a Wyoming team that could play with TCU (even in a down year for them), as the past few years had seen Wyo blown out, badly, by them.

Wyoming, though, needed this win to get that Big 12 invite...
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Valmy

Quote from: PDH on November 07, 2011, 09:43:48 AM

Don't worry.  I hear the Big 12 has one ready to send pending the Wyoming beatdown of Boise State.

Caliga

Quote from: jimmy olsen on November 06, 2011, 10:52:03 PM
Wow, the University let Sandusky run over night camps on campus as recently as 2009.

http://deadspin.com/5856887/as-recently-as-2009-jerry-sandusky-was-running-an-overnight-football-camp-for-kids-on-penn-state-campuses
My uncle is really good friends with Curley, to the degree that when he goes up to PSU games (he's an alum) he stays at Curley's house.  I'll be interested to hear his take on this whole fiasco.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

PDH

Quote from: Valmy on November 07, 2011, 09:59:21 AM
Quote from: PDH on November 07, 2011, 09:43:48 AM

Don't worry.  I hear the Big 12 has one ready to send pending the Wyoming beatdown of Boise State.
Sweet.  Big money, here we come!

In truth I predict Wyoming will actually score more than a garbage TD this time!
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

grumbler

Quote from: Caliga on November 07, 2011, 10:38:56 AM
My uncle is really good friends with Curley, to the degree that when he goes up to PSU games (he's an alum) he stays at Curley's house.  I'll be interested to hear his take on this whole fiasco.

Curley has plenty of spare time to tell him the story now.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!