News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Penn State Goings-On

Started by jimmy olsen, November 06, 2011, 07:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Ed Anger

Quote from: jimmy olsen on November 06, 2011, 08:31:40 PM
No one cares that Penn State was a rape camp. <_<

Nope. I know I don't give a flying fuck.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Ed Anger on November 06, 2011, 08:41:27 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on November 06, 2011, 08:31:40 PM
No one cares that Penn State was a rape camp. <_<

Nope. I know I don't give a flying fuck.
I think it can be assumed that I was addressing good people with that question, so I'm not sure why you felt you had to respond.

1 Karma Chameleon point

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

MadImmortalMan

7 counts of involuntary deviate sexual intercourse of someone under 16

What is that? Whoops, I slipped and my dick went in the kid's ear?
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

grumbler

I've sorta been following the Sandusky case and PSU appears to be set for a bloodbath.  Apparently the AD (possibly the President of the University, as well) lied to the grand jury when asked about any rumors about Sandusky.  It appears JoPa can prove he told Tim Curley in 2002 about an eyewitness report he (from a grad assistant) had that Sandusky had sodomized an apparently 10-year-old in the PSU locker room (when this happened isn't clear).  However, it appears that JoPa did nothing else.  That's pretty damning right there.  Maybe he was told there was a criminal investigation underway and he shouldn't mess with it by taking things further, but in any case, as the guy who hired Sandusky, he is done.

Edit:  more details here: http://www.attorneygeneral.gov/press.aspx?id=6270

Incident was in 2002.

QuoteKelly said the grand jury determined that Curley and Schultz had provided false testimony while discussing their response to the 2002 report of a child sexual assault in the football showers.

Specifically, the grand jury found that Curley committed perjury in repeatedly denying that he had ever been told that Sandusky had engaged in sexual misconduct with a child.

Additionally, assertions by Schultz that the allegations concerning Sandusky were "not that serious" and that he and Curley "had no indication that a crime had occurred" were in direct contradiction to other testimony and constituted perjury.

The grand jury found that portions of the testimony provided by both Curley and Schultz were not credible. 

"The failure of top university officials to act on reports of Sandusky's alleged sexual misconduct, even after it was reported to them in graphic detail by an eyewitness, allowed a predator to walk free for years - continuing to target new victims," Kelly said. "Equally disturbing is the lack of action and apparent lack of concern among those same officials, and others who received information about this case, who either avoided asking difficult questions or chose to look the other way."

Kelly said that despite the false testimony and "uncooperative atmosphere" encompassing some Penn State University and Second Mile officials, investigators from the Attorney General's Office and State Police gradually uncovered a pattern of other potential sexual assaults by Sandusky.
My bold.  That's JoPa he's talking about.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

MadImmortalMan

Now I wish Terrell Pryor had gone to PSU.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

jimmy olsen

Lol, are they fucking brain dead. No shit it's not vanilla or strawberry. It's banana flavored ice cream covered in peanuts and caramel and named after a child rapist. You might want to consider permanently retiring it.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/football/bigten/story/2011-11-05/Penn-State-allegations-town-reaction/51086340/1
QuoteSandusky, once so popular among the fan base that he had a Creamery flavor named after him, was the topic of discussion as customers waited in line. The flavor "Sandusky Blitz" hasn't been served in approximately two years, assistant manager James Brown said, and added that the Creamery hasn't considered permanently removing the flavor.

"The Creamery has nothing to do with the person and the allegations," Brown said in a telephone interview Saturday. "It's an ice cream flavor, there's no attachment. ... We have 110 flavors and probably make 20 or 30 on a regular basis. It's not like a vanilla or strawberry."

1 Karma Chameleon point

Eddie Teach

Quote from: jimmy olsen on November 06, 2011, 09:27:38 PM
It's banana flavored ice cream covered in peanuts and caramel

Sounds delicious. :mmm:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

grumbler

Quote from: jimmy olsen on November 06, 2011, 09:27:38 PM
Lol, are they fucking brain dead. No shit it's not vanilla or strawberry. It's banana flavored ice cream covered in peanuts and caramel and named after a child rapist. You might want to consider permanently retiring it.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/football/bigten/story/2011-11-05/Penn-State-allegations-town-reaction/51086340/1
QuoteSandusky, once so popular among the fan base that he had a Creamery flavor named after him, was the topic of discussion as customers waited in line. The flavor "Sandusky Blitz" hasn't been served in approximately two years, assistant manager James Brown said, and added that the Creamery hasn't considered permanently removing the flavor.

"The Creamery has nothing to do with the person and the allegations," Brown said in a telephone interview Saturday. "It's an ice cream flavor, there's no attachment. ... We have 110 flavors and probably make 20 or 30 on a regular basis. It's not like a vanilla or strawberry."
Lol, are you fucking brain dead.  They haven't made the concoction in years, and the observation that banana flavored ice cream isn't vanilla or strawberry isn't a brilliant insight on your part.

They probably haven't considered removing a lot of flavors.  Why the fuck do you care?  Of all the things to obsess on, this seems the most trivial one possible.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

grumbler

And, this is no shit, the name of Sandusky's autobiography is "Touched: The Jerry Sandusky Story," http://www.amazon.com/Touched-Jerry-Sandusky-Story/dp/1582613575/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1320634085&sr=8-1   :lol:

Bayraktar!

Neil

That's the sort of thing gays do.  I'm surprised it's even a story.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

MadBurgerMaker

For more sicko details on the Sandusky situation, here's a thing:  http://www.attorneygeneral.gov/uploadedFiles/Press/Sandusky-Grand-Jury-Presentment.pdf

It's linked in grumbler's article (the attorneygeneral.gov one) a few posts up too.

jimmy olsen

1 Karma Chameleon point