News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Penn State Goings-On

Started by jimmy olsen, November 06, 2011, 07:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazy canuck

Quote from: Barrister on November 09, 2011, 01:33:03 PM
In the heat of the moment it is often hard to know exactly what to do.

Heat of the moment?  I agree that seeing a man anally raping a 10 year old boy in a shower would definitely be disturbing.  But I dont agree that it would be hard to know exactly what to do.  That is if one was considering the welfare of the boy.  It would be pretty easy to say "What the fuck are you doing!" and end the rape right there.  There is no excuse for this.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Valmy on November 09, 2011, 01:35:00 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on November 09, 2011, 01:25:13 PM
What about the guy who saw the 10 year old getting raped in the shower.  Why the hell didnt he step in and stop it?

I agree there is a lot of blame to go around here but I cannot understand that part at all.

But afterwards, he seems to have done the right thing.  He went and talked to a number of people.  And given how sainted he is, he probably figured all he needed to do was talk to Paterno.

You have to wonder though how this dude was able to just sit there and watch Sandusky walk around a free man on campus for years afterwards though.

I think that lends support to Rasputin's analysis of what occured.

Barrister

Quote from: Valmy on November 09, 2011, 01:35:00 PM
What about the guy who saw the 10 year old getting raped in the shower.  Why the hell didnt he step in and stop it?

I agree there is a lot of blame to go around here but I cannot understand that part at all.

But afterwards, he seems to have done the right thing.  He went and talked to a number of people.  And given how sainted he is, he probably figured all he needed to do was talk to Paterno.

You have to wonder though how this dude was able to just sit there and watch Sandusky walk around a free man on campus for years afterwards though.

Just a resonable hypothesis, but I suspect the GA was removed from the university at some point.  It's typically how big institutions try to hush up these kinds of allegations.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

PDH

Because GAs are spineless, worthless human beings who cannot intervene or make a decision.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Admiral Yi

Has it been established that he was fucking the kid in the ass?

Valmy

Quote from: Barrister on November 09, 2011, 01:38:23 PM
Just a resonable hypothesis, but I suspect the GA was removed from the university at some point.  It's typically how big institutions try to hush up these kinds of allegations.

Not quite.  Now he is their Wide Receivers coach and Recruiting Coordinator.  One of the highest ranked assistant coaches.

Or maybe he was, it seems he has removed himself from the team right now.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 09, 2011, 01:38:39 PM

That's what McQueary said he saw.  And heard. :x

Valmy

That was what McQueary said in the indictment.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

crazy canuck

It has been established that the GA told the Grand Jury that is what he witnessed.

Barrister

Quote from: crazy canuck on November 09, 2011, 01:37:14 PM

Heat of the moment?  I agree that seeing a man anally raping a 10 year old boy in a shower would definitely be disturbing.  But I dont agree that it would be hard to know exactly what to do.  That is if one was considering the welfare of the boy.  It would be pretty easy to say "What the fuck are you doing!" and end the rape right there.  There is no excuse for this.

Nah.  It really is one of those things you don't know how you'd act unless you were there.  I'd like to think I'd do exactly what you suggest, but who knows...
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Barrister on November 09, 2011, 01:43:10 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on November 09, 2011, 01:37:14 PM

Nah.  It really is one of those things you don't know how you'd act unless you were there.  I'd like to think I'd do exactly what you suggest, but who knows...

Maybe if he thought his personal safety was in jeopardy there was some excuse for running away and not saying anything until the next day.  But this has the stench of someone trying to figure out whether doing anything would harm his own career at Penn State.  Its disgusting.

edit:  Dont forget this wasnt some diminutive student who witessed these events.  The guy had been a football player himself.  He could easily have stepped in and stopped it.  His decision not to allowed the rape to continue.  That guy is dirt imho.

Rasputin

as a matter of fact no; it has, however,  been established that a former graduate assistant testified  to a grand jury that he witneesed such an event and reported that event to a couple of school admintrators and Joe Pa

It has further been established that when Joe Pa and these school admininstrators testified to that same grand jury nine years after the conversations first occured,  they recounted a very disturbing but different version of that same conversation with the ga

Who is John Galt?

The Brain

Why didn't the witness call the cops?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Rasputin on November 09, 2011, 01:45:36 PM
finally on the what happened to the ga question, ga's in atheletic departments typically only have one or two year terms and then they graduate in their program and move on naturally

The GA is Mike McQueary, recruiting coordinator and WR coach.  He's been at Penn State since 2000.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Rasputin on November 09, 2011, 01:45:36 PM
finally on the what happened to the ga question, ga's in atheletic departments typically only have one or two year terms and then they graduate in their program and move on naturally

Apparently that is not what happened to this guy though.  One wonders...